Brie409, Home Seller in 27526

I had a flood in my home in June. The property was quickly rehabed, but sat for 45 days with out climate control. Do I need a mold test to sell?

Asked by Brie409, 27526 Wed Aug 18, 2010

Answers

2
Brie,

Most certainly you would need a mold test. Even if you did not get flooded in this moist season for a home to sit with no climate control you would want the peace of mind. Besides if it is a flood home the buyer's agent (if any good) is going to suggest a mold test to any potential buyers. This way if it is done and clear your agent can use that in the marketing to put any buyer's minds at ease.

Hope this helps,
I am sorry to hear about your flood. It would be a good idea to have a mold test as well as a home inspection just to help ease the mind of any potential buyers that all the repairs were made correctly and that mold has not started to form in areas that were exposed to moisture especially with as hot as it has been this summer.

If you need any help determining a list price for your home or preparing it for sale feel free to contact me her through Trulia. I own a real estate company with an office in Garner that services the Fuquay area and would be happy to stop by and check the house out.