Kristen, Home Buyer in Columbia Heights, Wa...

I found a house in 20009 and I want to submit an offer contingent on selling my place, but need to do so by 5/23. Know an agent who can work fast?

Asked by Kristen, Columbia Heights, Washington, DC Sat May 15, 2010

Can anyone recommend an agent? I found a house in 20009 and I want to submit an offer contingent on selling my place, but need to do so by 5/23. I need an agent that can work fast. I am working to get pre-approval now, shouldn't be a problem because I have good savings and good income. The catch is that I need to make at least $17,000 on the 1-br condo I sell in Dupont, which may be a challenge for the agent because I bought it for $294,000 and I still owe $274,000 on the mortgage. Anyone know an agent that could help?

Answers

4
Hi Kristen,

I recommend myself. Have you found help?
How did this work out for you, Kristen?
Hi Kristen,

Give me a call and let's talk. I'm licensed in DC, MD and VA and we might could work something out.
If you'll email me the address of your condo, I'll pull a quick CMA to see what we can list it for.

At a quick search of 1BR condos in Dupont, only 8 are listed at less than your purchase price. There are 45 1BR condos listed higher than your purchase price, but I can't compare those properly without knowing the details on yours.

Kelly Putz
Realtor®
DC/MD/VA
Kangal Real Estate
kputz@kangalre.com
703-961-8663
Your challenge--as you've noted--is that you're not likely to net $17,000 on the 1 bedroom condo in Dupont Circle. If you can e-mail me the address, I can tell you what it's currently worth. (Not trying to get your business, since I'm not licensed in D.C. However, I'm very familiar with D.C.--I lived in both Georgetown and the Logan Circle areas, and my sister owned a condo right on Church Street near Dupont Circle.)

So, the hurdle you've got is the Dupont Circle condo. It's easy for an agent to submit an offer quickly--that can be done in a matter of hours.

One suggestion: There may not be too much you can do creatively with the Dupont Circle condo, but there are a number of ways to get creative with your offer on the new place you're looking at.

And I'd be glad to refer you to a Realtor in D.C.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 15, 2010
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA