2. A German automobile or large SUV
3. A top of the line bluetooth
4. An artist pill that allows you to create visualizations for your buyer
5. A class on scheduling 12 appointments in a ten mile radius within five minutes accuracy
6. A class on returning phone calls, email, and texts
7. A class on using a poorly functioning lockbox
8. A class on entering a property when a lockbox has no keys
9. A class on filling in the blanks
10. Nice shoes
or often a local realty company provides the sponsorship/training to prepare people for the licensing.
I agree with everyone here. The best place to start is the Chicago Association of Realtors website, http://chicagorealtor.com/. To clarify, there is no longer a real estate agent license. You must now become a real estate broker. There are many ways and places to complete the education requirements to become a broker, so really think about it before you make your choice. An online course is a great option, however there's a lot to be said about having an instructor available to answer your questions. It's all about what forum works best for you personally.
If you have any questions, I would be happy to chat with you.
Best of luck,
Bill Navarre, Broker
VibeRENT Real Estate
1.First you will need to sign up for the real estate class. I took mine through through CAR. You can do this in person, online or a self study. There are now two parts to the class.
2. Then you will take your exam with the state of Illinois.
3. Next you will decide which brokerage you want to hang your license at.
4. Lastly you will need to become a member of CAR and get access to the MLS.
At each step of the way, there are costs associated. Be prepared to drop around $2k when it is all said and done.
I think that is about it! Good luck!