Home Selling in Plymouth>Question Details

Bob Griffin, Home Buyer in Mesa, AZ

I divorced my wife and settled the profit margin upon her signing a quitclaim on the property. I never signed out of the original deed & paid

Asked by Bob Griffin, Mesa, AZ Thu Feb 9, 2012

the exp I live in MA and filed the quitclaim at my local deed registry. I want to sell the house in 2012, will i encounter any problem seeing how her name is still on the original deed?
Bob G.

Answers

4
Heath Coker’s answer
I am not a lwayer, but I looked at your deed online. She granted her interest to you in November of 2009.
You appear to be the sole owner of record.
The tax records also show you as the only addressee on the tax bill, although that is not always the best indicator.
When Joe Proctor notarized the deed on 11/9/09, and the wittnesses signed that they wittnessed it, you are the grantee and she is the grantor.
I think you can be at ease that you are the only owner.

There were many deeds before the one to you and your ex, but none of those provide any ownership to any previous owners if that deed has been completed and recorded correctly.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 13, 2012
Bob,
I strongly advise that you speak with a local real estate attorney regarding your question. I'm happy to refer you to an attorney on my team that would be happy to assist you. Please contact me directly with a private message and I'll relay his information.
Jen
508-331-0965
You should contact a real estate attorney to best advise you, there can be legal and tax issues you need to look into prior to marketing the property.

Good Luck
Web Reference: http://www.MedfordHouse.com
Yes she will need to sign if her name is on the deed Have a lawyer check to be sure and then have her sign te deed over for $1. You can check your current deed at http://www.masslandrecords.com