Home Selling in Newtown>Question Details

Sh426, Home Seller in Newtown, PA

I'd like to find a flat fee broker in the Newtown, PA area. Any takers ?

Asked by Sh426, Newtown, PA Fri Mar 25, 2011

Answers

12
No way a flat fee!
We work too hard for our Buyers & Sellers & we like giving them Rolls Royce service!!!

Ellen
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 29, 2011
Hello: I'm a Realtor with Accredited Buyer and Seller Representative designation. Honestly you get what you pay for. I work as a team member with Keller Williams Preferred RE and our marketing far surpasses a low grade commission. Remember the old saying "You get what you pay for". It is fact that without the proper marketing your house will linger on the market. Realtors work for a living and show homes where their efforts earn their salary and that is by way of commision percentage. Do yourself a favor, choose a knowledgable realtor and one who has your best interest at hand. Also, a LOCAL realtor in the hometown where your home is located is better able to service the buyers looking for a home like yours. If you'd like us to do a free CMA on your property, please feel free to get in touch @ klt18201@gmail.com or contact me @ 215-962-8787.

Karen L. Tray, RE, ABR
Keller Williams Preferred RE
36 Newtown-Richboro Road
Newtown, PA 18940
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 26, 2011
I wonder how many Realtors will skip showing your house, because they have to deal with the owner directly.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 26, 2011
SH426 - Have you found someone to list your home for you? How is it going?
Regarding your argument a $400,000 home is as easy to sell as a $800,000 home. I beg to disagree, it is harder to sell the higher priced home...for one thing, there are less qualified buyers as the price increases. But I won't try to change your mind or convince you otherwise. Makes me wonder if you ask your surgeon the same flat fee question, or do you search by the person most qualified and most likely to produce the best results.

I have one question for you....supose an agent is willing to cut his commission at your request...do you believe that same agent has what it takes to negotiate for you through the offer and inspections when he cannot defend his worth?

IMHO, local realtors have more experience with the flat fee out of state offices and the downside...but we will not give you advice you did not request....keep your listing, not interested!
Thank you all who have responded to my question. If you read my question carefully, I was not looking for any advise as to why I should not look for a flat fee broker...my no. of days on market will increase and things like you get what you pay for....It seems like some of you got offended when I asked for "Flat Fee Pricing". Here is my take as to why "Flat Fee" makes more sense when it comes to selling. You've to do the same kind of work whether you're listing a $400,000 house or a $800,000 house. So why should someone pay higher sales commission just because they have an expensive house. As a buyers agent, I can understand the percentage basis commission but as a sellers agent I don't see any reason for a percentage basis commission. You guys have to think outside the box in this market which by the way is not going to improve in near future as Interest rates are eventually going to go thru roof. I've noticed that some of you have responded 2-3 times advising me against "Flat Fee" which shows nothing but desperation to find a client. If you guys think I'm crazy pls visit this NC realtors website http://www.carolinaschoicerealestate.com who is making a killing because of his Flat Fee business model. I wish this agent was providing services in PA and I could hire him to sell my home. For $1000 he provides more services than some agents who charge 3% selling commission.

If you guys can offer me "Flat Fee" pricing irrespective of the value of my home then only respond.
Hope you have sold by now! New Trend Realty does what you need.
Flag Tue Feb 2, 2016
Were you seriously trying to sell your home or are you just playing lets make a deal.
I'm a broker in NC but try Help-U-Sell Peoples Real Estate peoplesrealestate@helpusell.com
215) 725 - 9200
I am part of a team of Realtors. Some of us specialize in Bucks County and others at the Jersey Shore. We have been selling in the Newtown area for over 28 years, so we are always thinking "outside the box", especially in this market. So I may be a "taker". Give me a call at 215-817-2811 and let's talk.
Sure I can help you with that. Call me at 412-498-7868, or email bennysmithsells@aol.com
Dear Homeowner,
Before making a decision on a flat fee broker, weigh all of your options and make sure you are making the right decision for you. Interview a few agents and interview some of the flat fee companies before making a decision on your biggest investment your home. An experienced agent should be able to net you the same amount of money as a flat fee company without you doing all of the work and negotiating.
Good luck with your decision.
Terry Lohrbeer
Long & Foster Real Estate
215-489-7638
If you go with a flat fee broker, especially in Newtown, expect your "Days on Market" to go way up. You might want to rethink that.