Home Selling in Pen Argyl>Question Details

Angie, Both Buyer and Seller in 08879

I currently own a home in Eastern PA. I would like to sell & move back to Central NJ, however I am

Asked by Angie, 08879 Fri Nov 7, 2008

anticipating I will have a very hard time selling. How does the market seem right now and is there a way I can obtain foreclosure listings without paying a monthly fee for an online website?

Help the community by answering this question:



I agree with the answer below. We suggest using a Realtor. Look for one in your area of Eastern PA who knows the market. They can project how long it may take an average home to sell. Also, find a Realtor in the area of Central NJ that you are targeting for your new home. That Realtor can help you find homes that are negotiable, short sale properties, bank foreclosures... Finding the right Realtor is the key. They will give you sound advice so you can plan with confidence.

We currently have 4 properties that we are selling contingent upon a Short Sale in our area of Philadelphia. We have them listed on the MLS, Multiple Listing Service, as well as many other web-based sites for the average consumer, and we know that if a person works with a Realtor who knows Philly they will find these great deals.

Even before you start your search, we recommend that you discuss your plans with a mortgage professional to make sure you are able to finance a new home.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 7, 2008
Use a Realtor. Although the market is slow, if your home is marketed properly, priced right and looks great; there should be no problems in selling it.

As for the foreclosures, using a Realtor is the best way to find on. Moving between states will also mean that you will need one Realtor to list your home and one to purchase in NJ. Unless, of course, you find one with a license in both states.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 7, 2008
When you are working with a good Realtor, you will be able to have access to some of this information you are looking for. When choosing a good realtor, pick one that is able to market your home on line. I am the #1 Realtor in all of Pennsylvania on http://www.activerain.com please check out my web site
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 29, 2009
You should never pay any fees to view or recieve foreclosure listings. Th eonly way to see true and accurate foreclsoure listinsg is to cotact a REALTOR who can provide them for FREE.

You need two things to sell a home in this market. First a good REALTOR who will give you honest information about the thrue market value of yoiru home and the time it will take to sell. Not just someone who will tell you whatever you like just so they can get the listing.

The second thing you need is a REALTOR with an agressive and successful marketing program, an dteh abilty to do more than just piut your home on the MLS with a sign out front.

Please feel free to contact me for more information.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 27, 2009
What will provide you with a realistic picture of your options in both selling and buying is information.

Interview a couple of Realtors and have them evaluate your current situation. They will not charge you anything and you can compare their proposalsl If you need a referral to start I would be happy to provide one to you.

Same goes on the buying side. It would be very helpful to be able to also talk with a Realtor in Central NJ BEFORE you list your home. You may not be aware but the seller traditionally pays for the sales commission, so when you are a buyer the Realtor works for "free". If you like I can help you with a referral on that side also.

Best of luck to you.
My dad always said "Measure twice, and cut once."
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 7, 2008
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
The market has certainly slowed down, however, if priced right and marketed right it is possible to move your home along. The competion is greater now so you need to stay ahead.
As far as foreclosures, some of the websites that occur fees are also not updated. Your best bet is to use the aid of a Realtor. A Realtor may know someone that specifically knows people that handle foreclosures and what to look for in the MLS system.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 7, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer