Home Selling in Daly City>Question Details

richreissler, Home Seller in Daly City, CA

I can't close escrow because a private lender who attached a deed of trust did not reconvey it even thou I had paid him in full about 12 years ago.

Asked by richreissler, Daly City, CA Fri Jun 20, 2014

I am not able to find him. What should I do?

Answers

7
You might need to show supporting documentation that you paid it off make sure you have a receipt or satisfaction letter or anything that can prove it was paid. I suggest you contact an attorney for this.

Contact the title insurance company and if that doesn't help contact an attorney...

Example; $15,000 Buyer Rebate, or $22,500 Seller Discount, on $1 mill home;
Click to see the details, and see "ACTIVE" listings for sale in real-time
..http://americarealtyonline.com/

(415) 305-2958 I Owner/Broker, Realtor, MBA-Finance
I can assist you in resolving your title issue, please send me your title search package and preliminary report to my email ID servicetitle@gmail.com.
Hi Rich,

When you paid off the loan 12 years ago, was it handled through a title company? If so, they may be willing to issue an indemnity letter.

Your title company should be able to help you with this. If not, you'll have to consult a real estate attorney.

Best wishes,

Elva A. Wormley
Mortgage Consultant
Office: (408) 615-8500
C2 Financial Corporation
2845 Moorpark Avenue, Suite 209
San Jose, CA 95128
Call your title agency and see what options you may have in this situation. It could be that you will have to hire an attorney to get it done.
This is definitely something you'll want to get an attorney to handle for you. It's also something I would suggest you contact your Title Insurance company about.
Are you using an attorney to do the closing? I would consult with an attorney. This is really a legal issue.