Jackie, Home Owner in 32822

I bought my condo all cash, so I don't have a mortgage. I'm thinking of selling...should I use a realtor? Or should i just contact my

Asked by Jackie, 32822 Wed Nov 23, 2011

lawyer? I live in florida and have only owned it for 7 months.

Answers

19
Hi Jackie,

Sorry to hear you're leaving BUT there is always solution. In this instance you'd want to use a Realtor who has experience in the neighborhood and who has a successful business because we're able to truly represent you and your property the best. An attorney just won't have access to the MLS and won't have the ability to blast your home's listing to all of the major real estate websites which is where over 90% of buyers are actively using.

I have sold or am in the process of selling a handful of condos and homes around the 60618 area so I feel I would be a great help to getting your home sold at a price and timeline that works for you. Fortunately for you you'd be selling your condo in a very active market (much like 2013 was) and inventory is also still low so you 'shouldn't' have much trouble however I'd like to reserve all guarantees for when I would physically view your condo.

With that said I've been a Realtor since 2008 so have built my business helping people get out of the real estate bust days. Over the past couple years my business has grown exponentially with the help of my brokerage, @properties, and I've built a great step by step process that I use for each listing. I've also worked with many sellers who live out of state and I make the selling process easy for you by being in constant communication the entire way through from showing requests, showing feedback to sending marketing over to you and handling all negotiations, etc. Lots of information but would be happy to chat live if you're able.

Jeff Stewart
REALTOR®, @properties
3101 N. Greenview Avenue | Chicago, IL 60657
309-269-3499 CELL | 773-305-0480 FAX
jeffstewart@atproperties.com
A lawyer is great to complete the legal documents. But to market and sale your home you need a housing expert from you area. You wouldn't want your property to sit vacant for long period. Running the risk that someone else sales there condo at a lower price and you take a hit.
Call Patricia McDonald,

She is terrific, and really knows the market. Leave the lawyers to do the legal, trust me let Realtor pros take care of the real estate issues. You will not regret it.

Patricia responded to your query below. Call her.

Best of luck Sir,

J.D. Saxon,
Mortgage Banker, BMO Harris Bank, NA
NMLS: 697451
Direct: 312.731.2254
24 Hr Direct Fax: 312-945-7363
i would give it to me as a Holiday gift. If that can not happen realize that you get exactly what you pay for from an agent..I always tell peple I should charge them more than I do because I constantly have to make my lisings be seen.. it takes effort and experience. Hire a professional.. not an attorney
Web Reference: http://www.joeschiller.net
Get a good sellers agent . Interview two or three agents and see what they can offer you. In this market you need a professional to help. I would be happy to let you know what I can do to help.

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Mlaricy@americorpre.com
708-250-2696
Managing Broker/Partner
Web Reference: http://Americorpre.com
Greetings Jackie,

Possible Options for you:

1) Keep the condo and stay there if/when you visit Chicago
2) Rent the condo and be a landlord - being that you are in Florida it may be wise to have someone manage it for you
3) Sell the Condo - For Sale by Owner - Very difficult from far away and in fact difficult if you are close
4) Sell the Condo - via Attorney - possible but that's not his/her expertise

5) Sell the Condo - using a REALTOR - The Realtor represents you, has the expertise, technology and contacts to list, market and execute the sale for you. If you are truly looking to sell, a qualified Realtor will likely do the best job for you. That is their profession and that's what they do.

I'd be glad to assit you in this process.

Bill J Deligiannis

630-788-5288
Web Reference: http://www.BJDHOMES.com
Jackie,

By now you should have the impression that when buying or selling real estate using the services of an experienced and successful local agent would be to your advantage. An attorney may be helpful if you encounter a legal issue associated with your property/transaction or if you elect to use an attorney for your closing rather than a title company.

Lawers are a good idea if you need legal representation, but a realtor would be your best bet for helping you with selling your condo. A realtor can find the right buyer for your home and even prequalify them to make sure you get a buyer that can actually buy your home. A realtor is best when/if there are negotiations to be made with a buyer to look after your interests, A realtor can help you with hiring inspectors and finding a reputable repair company if one is needed. Realtors can help you with staging your home so it will bring you the higher price you want. There many other reasons, but the bottom line/answer is that a realtor is best to use for helping you sell your largest investment, your home.
Mortgage or not it doesn't make a difference in your decision. It depends on what you know about selling a property. Do you know what is required of you as a seller? Do you have access to the required disclosure forms? Can you remain objective? How will you handle the contract? How will the negotiations be handled? How will the showings be coordinated? Do you really want let strangers into your home? What about qualifying the buyer? How will you expose the home to attract the best offer? What about risk management?

It is a personal decision that only you can answer. It doesn't cost you anything to interview agents.

All the best to you.
Web Reference: http://terrivellios.com
A lawyer is great for answering questions on the law and protecting your interest, however a realtor also
protects your interest in finding the right buyer. One that is qualified to buy your home and a realto takes you through the selling process. Protect your interest and use a realtor,you will be sure to know who is seeing your home (buyers) and the right buyer that is buying your home. Debbie Bergthold-Smith Classic Real Estate
Hi Jackie.
Using a realtor/broker is always a plus. Brokers and realtors can find you buyers faster than doing it on your own. If you decide to go through a realtor look into where they place thier advertisment and if they maintain regular upkeeps with listings, and shop around, some realtors are more pro-active with their listings than others. If the condo is in a location that people are looking to buy in than try going through your lawyer first. Good luck
Hi Jackie,

Although I'm not first to reply, I absolutely hope you will take the time to read through my post and consider hiring me as your Realtor. I've helped many out of state homeowners sell their condo - even working for an out of country homeowner so the thing that is most important is keeping excellent communication with you about the process. If you have time, I have a couple short but sweet steps to getting the ball rolling.

1. We have a detailed chat over the phone to go over the processes and expectations of being a home seller.
2. I will research comparable properties in order to show you the state of the real estate market in the 60618 zip code, your direct neighborhood, even down to your building. What this means is that you will know exactly what your competition is and where they are at in regards to home values. We will then work to strategize how we will market your home in order to make yours stand out above the rest.
3. I will then schedule a virtual tour and photos for your condo, will coordinate all of the marketing materials, including property fliers and an extensive brochure to hand out during showings, and we will even go over the many websites your home will be advertised on.

There is absolutely more to talk about but I'm already rambling so would love to set aside some time to talk to you over the phone. Please know that I'm here to talk and am more than ready to get started working for you! Below is my contact information and if you would like, I can provide you with past Seller testimonials!

Jeff Stewart
REALTOR®, @properties
3101 N. Greenview Avenue, Chicago, IL 60657
309-269-3499 CELL
jeffstewart@atproperties.com
Jackie a lawyer is great for answering questions of Law, a Realtor is great for Selling properties like yours.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Jackie...I would certainly recommend using a realtor (not because I am one!). An attorney can certainly assist with the closing and title search, however will be of little value in marketing the home, establishing a current market value, and negotiating on an acceptable purchase price. Selling as a For Sale by Owner is difficult in that buyers want to take at least 6% off the list price, and you have to be present for all showings, market the property...the list goes on...There is more information on my website regarding for sale by owner challenges. I would recommend interviewing some realtors....if they are 'worth their salt', they will be able to let you know the value they bring....if you would like a referral to a qualified realtor in Florida, I would be pleased to recommend someone
Hi Jackie!

Happy Thanksgiving!
If you can not be present for showings, you should definitely use a Realtor.
You should also insist that they attend all showings. Having someone at the showing who is there to sell the property rather than just letting random buyers agents go in and out using a lock box can make a big difference.
If you would like a comparative market analysis for the condo, please contact me and, I will be happy to provide one for you.
If this is your 1st time selling a property you may find some helpful information on my website.
Hi Jackie.

The easiest option is to hire a professional to assist you. The contour of the market right now is odd, to say the least. The chief motivating factors for activity are two-fold: interest rates and right pricing. The next most important thing in selling a property is to motivate activity among consumers. This almost entirely relies on the professional you hire and the marketing strategy he has.

Not knowing what commodity you have, its location, or its value, I am reticent to intimate the degree to which I might assist you. Perhaps your best plan of action is to contact the agents who have responded here to determine what "tool box" each has to facilitate your goal of selling your condo.

Best of luck in achieving your goal.

Tom McCarey
The Real Estate Lounge Chicago with @properties
Expertise in Negotiation, Luxury Home Marketing and Buyers' Representation

tom.mccarey@atproperties.com
773.848.9241

Annual Award Recipient from the Chicago Association of Realtors since 2002

check out my award-winning blog!
A realtor is able to expose your home to literally thousands of buyers. I'm sure you are smart enough to facilitate a transaction but are you able to get your home exposure to the public to ensure you get the highest price possible? Also, your lawyer practices law not real estate sales so keep that in mind. Let me know if you have any questions
I highly recommend using a LOCAL realtor for the listing. But I will always respect my clients choice to try and sell it themselves. The majority of those who try end up coming back wanting to list b/c selling a property in this market is not for the weary, let alone someone in a far-away state. But many factors go into whether you should sell on your own or not. If you would like to discuss your situation, please contact me directly.

Best of luck and Happy Thanksgiving,
Mark
Web Reference: http://www.markbazzetta.com
If you live in Florida, but can arrange showings and market the property then perhaps that can work. It depends on the market in your area/price point/supply-demand etc. This is a difficult market to sell as I assume you understand even in 60618.
My web site has various Listing types including a Flat Fee that might be of interest.