gwilson666, Home Buyer in West Haven, CT

I bought a house in west haven ct 3-4 yrs ago. I am handicapped and had a wheelchair ramp installed.

Asked by gwilson666, West Haven, CT Tue May 22, 2012

I have a new furnace and central a/c installed. Bought and have a brand new heater installed. Also, put in new windows in 1/2 of the house. Repainted the intire inside of the house and new walpaper in the kitchen, enlarged the bathroom. Is a 2-3 br, 1ba, eat in kitchen. Unfinished basement. How long should I expect to have my house up for sale?

Answers

5
John Poulsen’s answer
Price, Condition and Location, thats what sells a home in any market. As a West Haven Resident and a Realtor thats specializes in the West Haven Market I still can not guarantee when your home would sell, but an experienced Realtor the works your area would have the knowledge and skill to give you a decent estimate only upon viewing your home in person and doing an CMA . At no cost or obligation to sign-up.
Hi, I think you did a lot to the home, but the time it will be on the market until it sells depends on soooo many details, location, age and style of home, what type of homes surround yours etc....Your very best decision would be to connect with an experienced area Realtor, to present you with homes similar to yours that have recently sold, after how much time and for how much, that will give a good idea about
app. time on market, The agent also can make some suggestions to improve curb appeal or other, staging etc. great photos on the internet will help bring buyers to see the home in person and then the marketing and advertising efforts of the Agent will certainly help.

Do not do this on your own.....

Edith
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com YourRealtor4Life Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients Buyers Sellers and Investors alike, covering for @ Properties Brokerage the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs and the fine homes on the North Shore, and all of the US and worldwide offerings with my partner agents.... Edith speaks several languages ....
Have a great day :)
Since 1996 I have represented sellers providing >97% List to Sell ratio on my market anaylsis. I will represent your house best with more pictures on more websites to bring only qualified buyers through your door....David Carr 203.654.2905 Coldwell Banker
It looks like you have done a lot of good work, but pricing is key. An agent will start by looking at the size of the house (square footage), the number of bedrooms and baths, and then will compare it to similar houses to establish a price range for the area. Your house will probably compare quite favorably to the others. You must be careful not to price yourself out of the range of the recently sold houses, because buyers today have a lot of choices and are not willing to pay a premium. Remember Price and Condition. If your house hasn't had showings or an offer made after a dozen or so showings, you may need to adjust the price or improve the condition. The average time to sell a 3 BR, 1 bath house in West Haven right now is a little over 90 days. Good luck!
Lenght of time on the market will vary by exact location, pricing, schools, size, etc.; therefore if looking to sell in the near future, invite a few local agents from different realty companies and ask for a cma, comparative market analys, review the data, ask opinions and go from there; cma's are provided free of charge by most agents.