Home Selling in Ruskin>Question Details

Rochelle06, Home Seller in Ruskin, FL

I bought a home in Ruskin, FL and have recently received a new job offer in another state. The home was built in 2007 and only lived in by my family

Asked by Rochelle06, Ruskin, FL Thu Dec 17, 2009

The living sq footage is 2750. It has a fully upgraded kitchen, intercom system, marble fixtures in all the bathrooms (its 4br/2.5 bath) and the house sits on 0.18 acres in a new subdivision. I bought it for $210,000 and owe $204,000. Why is a realtor suggesting I sale for $161,000? Is this unreasonable? Am I being overly optimistic to suggest $210,000?

Answers

7
What state are you transferring to? Any chance Indianapolis,Indiana?
Here's the scoop. The market top was in the spring of 2007. And it's been going down ever since. FL was hit harder than most areas. So, your home is almost certainly worth less now than when you bought it (top or nearly so of the market).

You need information. You need recent Sold Comps for your immediate area, to understand how much of a hit that your home has taken and what it's really worth now.

Then you can decide what your next steps might be. If you provide your Address, we can look up info for you ...

Jeff
Speak with another realtor or obtain your own appraisal. You can't sale your home for more than it is worth no lender will loan money.

Without knowing address, condition of home, location, many other factors difficult for any professional render an opinion.

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Texas Mortgage Loan Officer, Credit Repair Lecturer
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Lynn911
Lynn911

http://www.lynn911.com
Rochelle,

Many sellers in your situation are going directly to a certified and licensed appraiser for an appraisal of their property. Since banks are unlikely to fund a property that does not appraise for the sale price .......assigning an accurate sale price is critical.

Our advice is to have an appraisal done and price it accordingly....

The Eckler Team
If I were you I would call an appriaser and ask for a pencil search. Find out whats the highest he thinks the home would appriase for. That should give you some Idea as to what its worth.
Unfortunately, there are many things to consider in today's market. What subdivision are you in, how many homes are currently in foreclosure or being offered as a short sale? Even though your home has not been a party to these problems, it is affected by the rest of the market. An analysis of the homes currently on the market and those recently sold should give you a good idea of what you can expect to receive for your home.
Rochelle,
Please contact me outside this venue at weichertmarkz@yahoo.com. Need to know a bit more about location of home etc...
Mark Zabilowicz
813-849-8554