Home Selling in Brooklyn>Question Details

Clay1, Home Seller in New York

I asked the question about selling a building in Brooklyn We have two tenants in the building now.

Asked by Clay1, New York Thu Jun 14, 2012

We have given verbal notice, written notices (2) and now a 30 day notice with a buyout. We would like to know what is our recourse if the tenants do not accept the buyout and what is the procedure for a section 8 tenant? The section 8 tenant is due to be re-certified on July 30, 2012. Would we have to acquire a landlord/tenant attorney to expedite matters?

Answers

8
Charles D'Alessandro Sr’s answer
Clay the best thing for you to do is to deal with the landlord tenant lawyer It may not be the cheapest way to do it but I believe it's the best way .A professional that may be recommended to you with a successful reputation.
Dear Clay1:

You definitely need to get yourself a good attorney. Don't mess around, there is too much at stake for you. If oyu want to minimize the stress and frustration, call a lawyer now! If you want call me, I know several good landlord/tenant attorneys.

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
Hi Clay,Last but not lease I'm telling you this seems like a legal matter that needs immediate attention by the proper landlord/Tenant Attorney,I could also give you a referral.After you have completed your case call me ASAP to start working for you to acheive next Real Estate move or Investment at:347-733-0101/ agent.ejohnson@yahoo.com.BLESSINGS.
you definitely should get a landlord tenant attorney. If you need a reccomendation contact me I know someone very good.

Jacques Ambron
Broker
Madeleine Realty Ltd.
718-520-0303
When it comes to any legal advise/information, it's always in your best interest to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate; don't simply rely on online information....
We would like to know what is our recourse if the tenants do not accept the buyout and what is the procedure for a section 8 tenant?

+May require special notices and/or steps to evict.

Would we have to acquire a landlord/tenant attorney to expedite matters?

+Probably, but I would make sure they have done section 8 evictions in the past.

Let me know if you need a referral to an attorney, or two, who provide free consultations.
516-777-0146.
Web Reference: http://www.bverealty.com
Section 8 is harder to move as there is certain paperwork that they must receive & have applied for a transfer to another property as I have a similar situation now. Move to evict may be an only option - try Kraus - he does a good job for both sides; 718-677-9523
question, why do you want them out? i have investors looking for section 8 buildings
917-250-4978