Home Selling in Oakland>Question Details

Tancha Mckni…, Real Estate Pro in San Leandro, CA

I an looking for people who buy and rehab houses. Know anyone or how to find them?

Asked by Tancha Mcknight, San Leandro, CA Fri Oct 26, 2007

Answers

8
Yes, I perform retail rehabs. Please contact me if you'd like to discuss the profile of properties on which I focus and my pricing strategy. czissman@bafpg.com or 510-868-2929. ALthough I buy all over the bay area, my focus is the I880 corridor from northern Oakland to southern Union City.

Charles Zissman
Web Reference: http://www.bafpg.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 28, 2007
I have several clients who are always looking for bargains to fix up and flip. Do you have clients looking or property to sell?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 27, 2007
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA
I do have several East Bay contacts for your consideration, however, are you looking to gain clients or do you have property to sell? The best answer is and depends on the property or building, scale of the project and your objective (to flip or to rejuvenate) and maybe a few other questions. Are we talking about a cosmetic fixer, complete overhaul, conversion, etc…repairperson v. contractor v. architect? I could also help with other areas associated in remodeling a house, but I have more questions than answers. I would like to explore this further, when would you be available to meet.
Hello, one resource that may work for you is contacting and Realtor in your area. Many Realtors, including myself, often have clients who are specifically looking for houses to buy and rehab. Also contacting a contractor may be another way to find potential buyer for a fixer upper.

The kind of buyer you are looking for will vary depending on the level of work that needs to be done. Is it a cosmetic fixer or does the home need be be over hauled?
Web Reference: http://www.NoSchmooze.com
I buy and rehab.....but I must disclose that I am also a licensed Realtor. My criteria is cosmetic fixers...not in a short sale situation.
Web Reference: http://www.cindihagley.com
Cindi Hagley,…, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA
I look for fixer upper projects (but I focus on San Francisco). Are you looking for flippers because you have a property or because you want clients? Here's where I get my leads in order of preference and effectiveness:

1) My agent. Try to find realtors who have investors/flippers as clients and let them know of your properties especially if available before listing.
2) Driving around my focus neighborhoods / MLS. Be sure to put fixer keywords / checkboxes.
3) craigslist.org

If you're looking to build up such a clientele, the best thing you can do is show you know how to work the numbers and only bring really promising projects. That means you need to know the likely sale price, the cost to remodel or expand in rough numbers, and the likely value afterwards. The other thing you can do is show how hard working you are at farming a neighborhood. One friend of mine has an agent who contacted every run down property owner and found one resulting in a transaction. And in another case, an agent contacted every property owner in a certain filter whose listing had expired within the last year.

My other recommendation if you're looking for clients is to call every general contractor you know. The last couple we worked with said they are doing more spec homes than ever.
Hello Tancha, do you have some properties that makes sense? I work with a few investors who are very active in Oakland area. Let's talk and we might work something out if it make sense.

My email: gary.tsang@cbnorcal.com

Thanks.
For Oakland rehab specialists talk to a local Realtor. You'll need some advice from a nuetral third party. The rehab/flip guys like to buy with BIG TIME DISCOUNTS!! Call my old friend Ira Serkes for more information: 800-887-6668 or 510-526-6668 His web site is also terrific. Just google his name: Ira Serkes and you'll see! Good luck!