Mary, there are "typical" amounts for services and typical prices or even set prices in various firms, but the amount that you are willing to pay and willing to negotiate is 100% up to you and the broker that you eventually decide to hire.
Good luck and I hope you find the right person to sell your home.
Gary De Pury
Bay Vista Realty
Director, Florida Association of REALTORSÂ®
Chairman, Communications Committee
There are service providers who charge several hundred dollars to enter your home listing on the Multiple Listing Service. Well, that may be cheap...but is it worth it to pay someone hundreds of dollars for what is essentially data entry which takes maybe half an hour? With the challenges in the market now you need to know the answers to some of these questions>
1. Can you guarantee my home will have great exposure on the Internet where 87% of all buyers will be looking first?
2. Are you professionally certified to market my home utilizing the latest technology in addition to traditional methods of advertising?
3. Will you keep me up to date about the process via e-mail or whatever method I choose & give me updates about exactly how many times my home is viewed on-line and by real estate agents?
4. Will you coordinate the financing process to ensure my potential buyer can actually get my house so I don't loose time and money in this process?
5. Will you give me a detailed analysis of exactly what is going on in my community as well as a comparative real estate analysis of my home's worth?
6. Do you have a plan to stage and prepare my home so it appeals to buyers when they see it against a backdrop of hundreds of other homes competing for their attention?
These are just a few of the questions which are important to ask. The reason is that an excellent agent will usually Pay YOU more than you pay them. They are able to bring more solid offers to you more quickly because of their contacts and expertise.
You can find Commission rates all across the board in Grand Rapids, Michigan . Excellent Service is not necessarily the cheapest, but it will pay great dividends and is far more likely to result in getting your home Sold at a time when the vast majority of homes remain on the market with no takers.
If you'd like to explore our services or to see ALL the cost involved in Selling Your Grand Rapids, Michigan home, please visit our website and click on the "Let's Talk Commissions" Tab
I am not an Realtor and I sell many of my homes FSBO, it takes many phone calls to sell a home.