Home Selling in Round Rock>Question Details

Ken O'brien, Home Seller in Sendero Springs, Round...

I am trying to sell my house on my own and would like to list in MLS. How do I do this and how much will it cost ?

Asked by Ken O'brien, Sendero Springs, Round Rock, TX Mon Jan 24, 2011

Answers

10
My understand is that only licensed Realtor can use MLS. Have you tried other online venues to help sell your house. Put an ad on craigslist, use sites postlets.com like trulia.com. Promote the house through social media like Facebook Google Plus, Pinterest and Twitter.
You can pay monthly or for the year. Some charge less than a $100 per month and some charge little less than $1,000 for the year.
Hi Ken,

Unfortunately you won't be able to list it on MLS unless you pass that little test that only 3 out of 10 people pass the first time (hehe)

Putting it on MLS is only the tip of the iceburg when it comes to selling a property. If you are determined, here is a link to a great resource from David Knox

https://www.davidknox.com/shop/detail/?product_id=1

I wish you all the best!

Jonas Mancuso
Remax / Lakelend
http://www.talktohouston.com
There are some realtors who list homes on the MLS for a flat fee, usually a few hundred dollars. That being said, just because you have your home on the MLS, it does not mean it will sell for the best net price for you. You need the help of a professional who knows your area to price the home right and also to market it right for you. Also, managing offers you get, knowing how to properly counter, what forms and legal disclosure are necessary to protect you from future legal complications - these are some of the many reasons people employ relators to help navigate their real estate transactions.

Good luck selling!
Hi Ken.

You can probably pay a real estate broker a small fee anywhere from $200 to $500 to list it for you with no other services but I think it will be more beneficial for you if you let a realtor do it for you for free with all the services. You see putting it on the MLS you will still need to pay a commission and a good realtor like say JD could possible sell it much faster saving you a lot of time and m-o-n-e-y. Think about it I am sure you know a realtor can help you sell your home because otherwise why would you want to put it on the MLS?

Brian Halstead
Halstead Homes Realty
License real estate broker
786-303-1046
Ken,
The Austin multiple listing service you refer to is a database that was created by Realtors to share information on home listings so that each agent's listings receives maximum exposure to buyers working with other Austin, TX Realtors. The multiple listing service has a public version on the internet but the real MLS contains confidential info such as gate codes and only Realtors are allowed there. Each Realtor contributes money to the maintenance of the database as a service to their home sellers. Some day there may be a database that both Realtors and homesellers who are not working with a Realtor might monetarily support and benefit from together, but right now I am not aware of any. Having said that, there are numerous other avenues you have to get the word out about your Round Rock home being available. The internet has many places where home buyers might look and come across your advertisement about your house. CraigsList is one. There are dozens of others available to you. You can upload your marketing information and perhaps some pretty pics of the Sendero pool, playscapes, and trails on YouTube at no cost. Don't forget Facebook or your local Community Impact newspaper. See if your HOA has a means of advertising homes for sale. Another avenue for advertising is to take your property address and purchase the name as a "domain" name and then go to some place like Go Daddy and buy an inexpensive web site where you can load nice photos of your home interior and exterior, along with a property description for others to see. The web site won't look as fancy as the one I have for http://www.1601 Belvedere.com, but Go Daddy web sites are a great value if you are on a tight budget. You can also get a 24 hour toll free property information line so buyers can obtain information about your listings when you are tied up. So if you are creative you can bring your home exposure to the marketplace even if you are selling the home yourself and are not in the MLS. If you have your mind set on being in the MLS, it will be necessary for you to have a relationship with a real estate agent and the role of that agent is typically called listing agent. Not all listing agents charge the same fee for their services and not all listing agents provide the same services. In a typical transaction involving real estate agents that is listed in the MLS, there is a listing agent negotiating on behalf of the seller and usually a buyer's agent negotiating on behalf of the buyer. Some sellers who wish to sell themselves will create a home flyer and say "buyer's agent welcome." Some home sellers will try their hand at selling themselves and then later decide to bring a Realtor on board because of the time consuming nature of marketing a home for sale. So you have lots of options for selling your home in Sendero Springs. Hope this has given you a few do it yourself ideas. Good luck, Melinda
Web Reference: http://www.MelindaMagee.com
Hi Ken,

I see you posted this question twice so I am answering again... Everything is negotiable in Real Estate. You can list for a flat fee or anywhere in between depending on your needs and how involved you want to be in the process. We offer several options for sellers like yourself who would like to be more involved in the sale of their home. We also offer financing incentives that can help your home stand out among its competition as our team is also a full service mortgage broker.

Good luck to you.

Don Groff
REALTOR | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
512.669.5599
listings@dongroff.com
Hello, Hiring A Realtor is the best way to SELL your home. Am sure you will be getting a large response from quailified Agents shortly. Good Luck Allan
Hey Ken,

I have sold over a 1000 homes in the Austin-Round rock area.
Please call me anytime I can walk you through the selling process.
JD Summers-Broker,Arboretum Realty
512-250-2121
Only licensed Realtor can use MLS .

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com