Home Selling in Temple>Question Details

rahulsey, Home Seller in Temple, TX

I am trying to sell my home.

Asked by rahulsey, Temple, TX Tue Aug 28, 2012

I feel like it is priced well. However it hasnt been on the market long, I just need to sell. Any ideas on how I can sell asap and still not take a huge loss? I see all the new houses being built in my area and I am just impatient I guess and semi down because my husband has already moved. I have a realtor the house is in great shape, new and 5 bedrooms. I feel lost with all this competition.

Answers

5
If you've only been there a short time, you are probably caught in the trap of not having much negotiation room on the price. It's tough! You might consider leasing, then you can live someplace else very inexpensively while you sock away cash to bring to the table to close. It isn't a great plan, but maybe only temporary.
Are you interested in leasing to own or do you just want to sale outright?
Your best bet is to take a tour of your competition. That is the only way you will know if you are priced correctly. Put on your buyer's hat and try to be honest as to how your home compares to others. Make sure your home is like those new homes. Take care of any small repairs or cosmetic items. Believe me they make a huge difference. If a potential buyer notices minor things they will wonder how well you cared for the home overall.

If you are surrounded by a lot of new build homes you will have to make sure you are priced correctly. In the Austin area I was showing homes in Avery Ranch to a client. These homes were in the $200 to $250k price range. There is still one builder left making the same floor plans and what we noticed is you can pick up an existing home about 2-3 years old for about $25,000 less than a new build home.

By the time you add on everything new build homes are never a bargain unless you can get in on a home that somebody walked away from. This is potentially good news for you as you should be able to price your home in such a way that people will see the added value in yours. To do this and achieve the maximum sales price you can get you need to ensure the home looks like a new build home... make it shine from top to bottom.

Hope this helps.

_______________________________________
Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 m 512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com | http://www.AustinListed.com
Web Reference: http://www.AustinListed.com
I agree with Ron. Make a point of being the best looking house in the area and price point and it will sell! If you aren't getting showings, your online pictures need improvement and your price needs to be adjusted. The best house in the neighborhood for the best price will sell first.
Comparison: Do you know where most new restaurant open up?
Across the street from other restaurants!

The fact that there are other houses for sale is an attraction; you really wouldn't want to have the only house for sale in your city.

If the house is in "great shape" and you aren't getting showings; then the house is NOT priced right!

Have your Realtor do a new CMA and listen to them: In this market, you MUST be reasonable and competitive: The Buyers do not care what you owe on it!

Good luck and may God bless
I agree 100% I have the home priced $10 less a sq foot then the comps in the neighborhood. So I think is it very well priced.. Keith & Kinsey- Now as far as the pictures.. That my be a possibility.. I can not say I am over impressed with the pictures that have been posted, I have thought about ajusting the price but again it have been a very short amount of time (a weeK) but I feel that this is the most important time?
Flag Tue Aug 28, 2012