Marian, Both Buyer and Seller in 83250

I am trying to sell a log home that is run entirely on solar and wind power.

Asked by Marian, 83250 Thu Nov 6, 2008

While people think it's a great thing, they aren't willing to tackle it themselves. Grid power is available, but at a ridiculous price--$20,000 just to put cable in a trench that I dig and fill and $180 a month plus the bill. I have filed a complaint with the Public Utilities Commission and lowered the price $50,000, but still no interest. Any ideas?

Answers

4
Yes, it is outside McCammon and works great. There are of course, some adaptations--you have to use power when you have an abundance, but we have all of the comforts of home. I don't know if I can add pictures here, but send me your email and I will send them It is in Harkness Canyon. mm3125@gmail.com Thanks for your interest. Marian
Where is this home located? Does it actually function well on solar power? It sounds like it may be in McCammon. We may be interested. Can you send pics or an address? tmowers@gmail.com
Hi Marian,

Beside the electricity your other issue is the log home. It puts your property in a specialty marketplace.
Take heart though, you wanted it and so will someone else but you need to relax your expectations.
Make sure you market towards the segment that will want such a property.

James Joseph

You can get lots of free advice for selling on your own in my free ebook at the web site below.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 8, 2008
Is it common in your area for homes to be off the grid? If so, why not just sell it as is and instead of focusing on the negative issue, you should be capitalizing on the fact that you're home is green! Making lemonade out of lemons is kind of where you are at at this point.

But, without knowing a bit more about your specific area and the type of home you are selling, it's hard to give you good advice.

A good bit of homework for you would be for you to tell me why someone would like this place. Make a list of all of the features in your local community; schools, shopping, transporation access. Also make list of natural amenities; view of the mountains, waterfront, secluded etc.

Remember to write it as objective as possible because whether or not you are willing to admit it, you have some emotional attachment or have had at some point when you bought it. You need to appeal to buyers with it the same way it appealed to you.

Are you working with an agent from your local area? If not, you should be. They can help create a positive picture of your property instead of focusing on the problematic areas.

If you are working with a realtor, it's time to have a pow-wow and start brainstorming some good ideas about why someone should buy your home.

Feel free to contact me anytime to brainstorm some ideas that might get you a bit more productivity. Unique properties need to be handled with unique marketing ideas. 208-724-7602 Call anytime