Home Selling in 06457>Question Details

Eduard Gersh…, Home Seller in 06457

I am trying to rent a condo in Middletown, CT on my own. What would be the best way to advertise.?

Asked by Eduard Gershkovich, 06457 Sun Apr 13, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:


Depends on where your condo is? If your in the westlake area you could always put your sign where everyone else's is... You could put an ad in the press or on Craigslist.. I think those are your best bets to do it yourself!
Web Reference: http://www.carlguild.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 13, 2008
Advertising differs. If you are trying to rent on your own, I do suggest to advertise in your town's paper. Most of the time it is easier to advertise a rental that way because most renters search the papers. If you go through a Real Estate Professional - the difference is they advertise for you, screen a prospect tenant and do a credit check for you for a tenant who wants to rent your home.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 6, 2011
Good morning Eduard,

I think you have received three great answers already from the previous local agents. Craigslist will probably be your best bet in addition to an ad in the Middletown Press or the Town Times. I think they are all correct, an experienced agent will alleviate a lot of the stress associated with the paperwork and legailty issues you may encounter. Another great resource that will require some extra effort from you but may reap great rewards is to post your condo with the best pictures you have at Wesleyn College and the Bookstore. You are in a college town hub and school is about to start. Also post in any local business where they have a bulletin board and they allow free postings. Many markets and grocery stores have one.
Good luck !
Brenna Wells
CT Licensed Realtor
William Raveis Middletown
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 11, 2010
Well, first let me tell you that a lot of folks want to try it themselves and I commend you. Try Craig’s list and most certainly your local paper. If it becomes stressful then give a real estate agent a call to see what they can do for you in the way of advertising and handling all of the paperwork. For rental property the commission is one months rent, not bad for alleviating the stress and running around. We at Linda's team will advertise your property in 5 print adds ( newspapers), we use 9 on line venues, visual tours, credit checks, all legal paperwork to protect you, and much more. Just let me know if we can help you!

Best of Luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 13, 2008

Craigs List, Zillow offer you the forum to list your rental. However, if this is not something you have done before I would recommend you speak to a local Realtor who can also put your rental on the MLS as well as the aforementioned sites. The screening process, credit checks etc can take up quite a bit of your time and having someone who knows the laws and the process can be well worth the fee in the stress and time it saves you.

Good luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 14, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer