Kim Norton, Home Seller in Grayson Valley, AL

I am trying to help a friend sell a home. It is currently listed on Craigslist and Zillow. Is this a good site to add this to?

Asked by Kim Norton, Grayson Valley, AL Thu Aug 15, 2013

Answers

9
Only an agent can list a home on this site- without one you will not be able to FSBO this home on this site.
You may find lots of "spam" issues related to Craigslist. Unless you have a Realtor/Agent-Broker I understand Trulia is not an option. Good luck to you!
Absolutely, you have little to nothing to lose by listing it here on Trulia and a ton of buyers to gain.
I find that the leads and traffic on Trulia are much higher quality than Zillow or Craigslist. There are also lots of scams on CL. If you need any assistance in the Grayson Valley area, please feel free to give me a call or send me an email. My office is behind Gyro's Cafe where Trussville and Grayson Valley meet. Good luck!
There are two sides to every successful real estate transaction, a sell side and a buy side.

About 92% of all residential sales involve a licensed real estate professional. Dealing with inexperienced, part time, untrained, unlicensed, emotionally involved, but well intentioned individuals is tough.

In the words of the great American oil well firefighter Red Adair

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur.”
I agree with all of these real estate professionals. The only thing I might add is to hire a full-service realtor. You want someone who has a vested interest and will get involved with selling the property.
Hi Kim,

Craigslist and Zillow are sites that I do utilize in my business. However, once hired by buyers who call in, 9 times out of 10 they end up looking elsewhere. I recommend your friend to hire a Realtor that can push their home to their network of other Realtors. Listing with a Realtor has many more benefits than most think.

If I can answer any questions or give you guys some advise without obligation, feel free to reach out to me.
Trulia is a great site , but your friend would need to consider working with a Realtor to do so. In addition, they would be able to market the listing to 3000 agents in Birmingham and on Realtor.com, GreaterAlabamaMLS.com and literally hundreds of IDX sites. Might help your friend out tremendously.
Trulia only accepts listings from real estate agents.