Mike Toone, Home Owner in Nine Mile Falls, WA

I am trying to get a listing on trulia, is filling this out going to allow me to do that?

Asked by Mike Toone, Nine Mile Falls, WA Thu Jun 7, 2012

Answers

4
FSBO - Pros and Cons of Selling Your Own Home

If you want to sell your home and walk away with the most money, should you go it alone? For Sale By Owner – also known as a FSBO - is real estate lingo meaning For Sale By Owner. It’s pronounced “Fizzbow”. When the time comes, should you become a FSBO and try to sell your own home?

http://www.trulia.com/blog/spokane
Hi Mike,
If you are selling by owner, you won't be able to load up your listing. Trulia is a site for professionals right now. FSBO's may seem like a good idea, but let me warn you, like many things in life it's not as easy as it seems. Preparation, Marketing, Pricing, Staging, Knowing the Contracts, Negotiation the Terms, Meeting the Deadlines, Knowing the Vendors, Verifying the Financing, Understanding the Law are just a few of the things we as licensed agents must successfully accomplish if we hope to get paid. We do all this up front (in most cases) on the promise that if we are successful we will see some income.
My strong advice is to find the best available agent to do all this for you. A great agent is worth more than their commission, a bad agent, or none at all will cost far more than just a commission. Best of luck however you proceed.
I believe that Trulia is an agent site as we pay to list a listing. If you want to sell your home, and want to list on Trulia you may find discount listing offices that will list your home in places for you. These offices can charge a flat rate or a lesser fee than a full commission if you are interested in that. I could be wrong and will surely be corrected if I am but I believe that Homeowners can not just simply list a property. I hope I am wrong, watch for more answers!
Good Luck to you!
Yes and if you continue to follow their on screen interactions your percentage will increase enough to allow you to post