Home Selling in West Orange>Question Details

Vivek, Home Buyer in West Orange, NJ

I am thinking of selling my home but I am curious to know the current house value, can you please provide me with some information?

Asked by Vivek, West Orange, NJ Sun Sep 29, 2013

Hello everyone,

How much can I expect for my home?
Is it good time to sell my house?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance,
Vivek

Answers

15
Hi Vivek-

This is a good time to sell based on the rising market and low interest rates which attract buyers.

As an area Realtor, I have access to property records and the Garden State MLS which tell me where your house is located, when you purchased it and for how much and any pictures of your home that were previously on the MLS.

However, a Realtor can't give you an educated guess of current value until they have been inside and outside of your home and see the condition it's in and the condition of the neighboring properties. Then we do a comparative market analysis of similar homes actively on the market, under contract and recently sold to give you a range of what your house is worth.

From previous listings on the MLS, you appear to have a lovely property in good condition and will not have a problem selling it as long as it is priced right.

If you would like my help, you can reach me at 862-368-4963.

Sloan Berman
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 29, 2013
In order for any realtor to give you an accurate price opinion for your house they will really need to have more information and come look at the property. Most realtors in your area will be happy to give you a free market analysis. It is a good time to sell while inventory is low and sales are up.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 7, 2013
Hi Vivek,

West Orange has been seeing some pretty good activity as far as home sales are concerned.
When are you available to meet so I can view your home and conduct a thorough market analysis to determine the current value and so I can show you my plan to get your home SOLD?

Laquita Baez
Licensed Realtor in NJ/GA
Weichert Realtors
Summit, NJ
973.687.7095
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 30, 2013
A realtor in your area can provide a comparative market analysis.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 30, 2013
Greetings Vivek Ajvalia,

Even though nationally the housing market is rearing it's head above water, there are still pockets of the country that are not quite there yet. To determine whether or not now is a good time for you to sell your home will take some research from a professional Realtor. If you are in search of one, you can use Trulia as a resource to find one.

Best of luck to you!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 30, 2013
Hi Vivek,

Is it a good time to sell my house? Yes and No.

What's happening in your life right now? Do you need to move somewhere or have to sell? We, as Realtors, will generally think it's a good market compared to years past. But "good" is relative to your situation, what you owe, what you think you want to achieve after the sale.

How much can I expect for my home?
As much as a good buyer wants to pay and the bank wants to appraise for (if you don't get the appraisal price waived).

If you want to talk more in specifics give me a call.

Enjoy.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 29, 2013
Hi Vivek

I'd certainly be happy to help you, but I really need more information on your home!

Feel free to email me with more specific information, such as - address, updates to the home, style of the home....... number of bedrooms, baths, etc. and I will be able to give you a general idea.
If you want a more specific idea of value, I'd need to actually visit and see your home.

Best wishes!

Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Properties
email: Debbie.Rose@PrudentialNewJersey.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 29, 2013
Hi, to be honest every single Realtor will post in here, and we all can provide you with the information that will help you sell your home. A good Realtor should always be able to help you price your home and hopefully sell it as soon as possible. In the end it comes down to working with someone you feel comfortable with, and responds to you. Good Luck, and if you have any questions of course feel free to contact me.

Craig Wheeler

Licensed Sales Associate
4955 North Bailey Ave.
Amherst NY, 14226
office: (716) 832-3300
fax: (716) 832-3399
cell: (716) 510-4321
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 29, 2013
Average sales price in West Orange is $357,170 (YTD) and average Days on Market (YTD) are 89. Attached you will find my complete market snapshot for the town which tracks current trends and trends over the last few years. In order to give you a price on your home an agent would have to tour it. I use advanced CMA techniques in order to price your home accurately from the start using the methods of an appraiser. This yields you the best price and terms. Feel free to contact me.

Allison
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 29, 2013
In general its a great time to sell----your best bet for an accurate price for your home would to contact a local Real Estate Agent and ask for them to provide you with a CMA (Comparable Market Analysis) most agents will provide this free of charge --Hope this helps!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 29, 2013
Vivek,

In order to answer your question or provide you with market analysis, realtors would need more information such as number of bedrooms, number of baths, address, basement?, how many garages?, age of home and whether recent improvements were done...

I would be happy to assist you, if you like (no obligation on your part will be required), if you can either call me so we can discuss the home in more detail.

Feel free to reach to my cell 917-294-0356.

Karen Abramson
Keller Williams suburban realty
Sharonandkaren@kw.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 29, 2013
Depending on your location in West Orange, you could have a large margin in home values even for identical homes. What section of town are you in, what style home, beds, baths, rooms, basement, yard size, garage, exterior, has there been recent updates, true master bedroom, hardwood or rugs, etc. If you'd like to know your homes value, give me a call and I can give you a good idea after a 5 minute phone conversation.
Your questions are excellent and will create a wonderful introduction to evaluating local agents as possible listing resources. You'll find many local agents right here who can help you.

Supply is generally low and this condition has been consistent through Spring and Summer of 2013. Low supply and steady demand generally favors sellers so that bodes well for you.

Good luck and best,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
Hi Vivek

Please contact me for a free in home Market analysis.
Hey Vivek,

Great question - and of course, based on your question, you're going to see a huge influx of agents trying to help you out!

I'm actually going to be in the Parsippany area this coming Monday. If you're available for me to do a quick 10 minute walk-through, I'll be able to provide you with an accurate market value. No fee or obligations from this.

Feel free to ask any questions meanwhile. Email me at alankong.kw@gmail.com or call me at 201-815-0943.

Thanks Vivek!

Alan Kong
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 29, 2013
Hello Alan,
Thank you for your response. However, I live in West Orange, NJ.
Flag Sun Sep 29, 2013