Cathy S, Other/Just Looking in Waterford, CT

I am thinking about listing my home but am not in a rush. What time of the year has the most activity or would be the best time to sell?

Asked by Cathy S, Waterford, CT Thu Mar 22, 2012

Answers

12
Cathy,
The spring time through the end of the summer is typically the busiest time of year . However homes sell year round and the time that you put it on the market is not in my opinion quite as important as prepping your home properly to be marketed. The market has picked up significantly in the past 6 months and buying has ramped up due to low intersest rates and prices . However the houses that are selling for the best prices are the houses that are show the best. It is important to work with a realtor who will guide you in the process and who is experienced in staging homes to sell. In that regards when you do decide to list your home do your homework but make sure that you start working with a realtor a few months before hand on some guidance as to what will pay you back and what is better left alone. If you have any questions feel free to call or email. We are here to help and work hard on your behalf!
Typically the Spring time is the best time to list a new property. With schools coming to an end soon, it is the perfect time for families to pack up and move without having to pull their kids out of school and possibly move them into a new school. There are also a significantly greater amount of buyers wanting to get out of the house after a long winter to view these properties which gives you greater odds of a quick sale.
There are lots of buyers in the market now! Depending on the size and price range of your home, we are experiencing a lack of quality inventory in some of the price ranges. There are always reasons for people to buy and sell, but people tend to be more excited in the spring and summer!
This Spring market is the best time to list your home. Please give me a call and I'll give you an update on this current market and why this is the best time to list your home. My cell phone number is 860-235-6448.

Thank you.
Sue Bowes,

Thank you.
Sue Bowes,
Springtime market is generally where the Seller gets the most money(April thru July/August) so that Buyers get settled before School reopens. In this area that generally translates to about $10,000 difference. Best of Luck!
Hi Cathy,
Spring is typically the most active time of year in real estate. Right now seems to be even more so due to expectations that interest rates will start to rise.
When is best to sell has a lot of variables, of which time of year is only one. You need to consider your whole situation, why you are selling, where you are going, are you trading up or down, staying in the same area or re-locating, then decide what is best for you.
Work with a Realtor in your local market to determine current value of your home, as well as a likely cost of your new home, then you can make an informed decision.

Good Luck
Dan Ross
Century21 AllPoints Realty
http://www.danrossre.com
(860) 736-1002
Hi Cathy,

The time is now! Spring is generally the time that homebuyers who have been on the fence will ramp up up the search. This year especially I have already noticed a dramatic change and shift in the market.

Feel free to call or email if you'd like to talk about the process or have any additional questions For more information about me you can visit my website.... http://.www.shorelinehomesgirl.com.

Cheers,
Michelle L. Mayo, ABR
Heritage Properties
Michelle@shorelinehomesgirl.com
Hi Cathy, the most active time of the year and the best time to sell is in the Spring. Once the time changes and the days are longer, we see an upswing in buyer activity. Many sellers list their houses in April. However, properties still sell all year long and it's important to list your house when you are ready and when the house is in prime condition to show. I am an active agent in the Waterford area. Please contact me to discuss the listing of your property further. I would be happy to help you sell your home.
Holly Powell
mobile 860-961-2664
HollyPowell@PrudentialCT.com
Licensed in CT &RI
Hi Cathy!!!

NOW! lol... The weather is much nicer now, and people are out and about home shopping... you want to list when the buyers are looking of course, and when the rates are as low as they are... who knows what will happen in the coming months, even years.. Also, since you aren't in a rush, you can stipulate when they can move in and when you are ready to move out!!! Know what i mean? I say if you are even considering selling, which you are, take advantage of this time of year and the rates! If the price is right, and all parties agree and are satisfied with the terms, etc., then everyone wins! Make sure you get a good agent who's a "master" @ Marketing!!!
I live in Waterford myself, and Ocean Beach is already starting to get livelier by the day!

Yvonne Masters
Your Neighborhood Agent
Weichert Realtors
ymasters@weichert.com
Right now! Spring is a very active time, and rates are historically low, and buyers are taking advantage. People are shopping.

Good luck in whatever choice you make.

Peter @ CG Real Estate
In most locations the "real selling season" begins in April and goes through August 1st. This makes it easier for kids and schools.