Lilian de Ra…, Real Estate Pro in Los Angeles, CA

I am the tenant of an REO that's for sale. Can the listing agent demand that I not be home during showings? I don't feel comfortable with

Asked by Lilian de Raismes, Los Angeles, CA Tue Apr 16, 2013

this. I have a lot of valuables and pay market rent. What are my legal rights? Thanks for your help!

Answers

4
This ends with you moving out. Make it peaceful and healthy for you and yours. Be safe, get the showings done, get it sold and move forward. Onward and upward to better things.
I would say No that they cannot demand you to not be there. You have tenants rights unless it states in the contract if the property is listed that you adhere to their rules. I would read your contract.
Legally speaking, no...they can not demand you be gone. That said, it would be a really good time to re-read your rental agreement. That's the document that spells things out!

They cannot "DEMAND" you not to be there. .

I would suggest you put your valuables away in a very safe place.

Buyers looking at the home will be with their agents right?

No need to worry about them coming in and stealing anything.

It is BEST if you are not present during showings. If both sides are respectful of each others time, space and property there should be no problems.

Best of Luck to You!

Kawain Payne, Realtor