Home Selling in Gibbstown>Question Details

Nia, Home Buyer in Gibbstown, NJ

I am the executor for a property in Gibbstown, NJ. The house is a 2br 2 story colonial, older home. What is?

Asked by Nia, Gibbstown, NJ Fri Jun 6, 2008

the market like in this area? Would it be better to sale this property?

Answers

5
I'd have to agree with the date supplied by Frederick. My office does a lot of business in Gloucester county and I'd like to help you out if I can in any way. I have some different technicques that will help you get the home sold. The more exposure the more buyers are looking.
If you should decide to market the property you will find that there is currently little competition for a two bedroom house in Gibbstown. I am not aware of any currently for sale. In the past 12 months there were 4 sales of two bedroom homes which ranged from $140,000 to $190,000. There is however a 5 month inventory accumulation which includes all homes. If the home is common and typical and in at least average condition you are not likely to have difficulty selling it.

Although overall sales volume has declined 20% in Gibbstown over the prior year the average sales price has actually increase 6.7%. This is an attractive community that is well located relative to commuting to either Philadelphia, PA or Delaware. Of course, the local petro chemical industry is a major employer in the area and a two bedroom home at an affordable price would seem to be very marketable.

I do not sell real estate. I am an appraiser. I would recommend however that you drive around the neighborhood if possible and note the agent's names on the signs and take notice of which agents have a high exposure there. They are likely to be well connected with buyers within that market.

Jitka from Century 12 Alliance who answered earlier is from a brokerage that is well represented there and has a good reputation for aggressive and reputable marketing. Anthony Morda from Century 12 Town & Country is an agent whose name you will see on many signs and who is well connected and successful in Gibbstown. I would interview both agents and see which one has a marketing plan you feel most comfortable with should you decide to take that route.

Frederick R. Giebel, Jr.
NJ Certified General Real Estate Appraiser (FHA Approved)
Appraising homes in the same South Jersey neighborhoods since 1981
Hello Nia,

Compiling a complete comperative market analysis is very easy for your subject property. You need to know all your options. The current market value, should you rent or otherwise. Information is free. Feel free to call anytime direct. 856-685-1651
Nia,
I am a Realtor with Century 21 Alliance. I service Gloucester County. Our office is located in Mantua which is not far from Gibbstown. I am very familiar with this area not only as a Realtor but as a resident as well. I would be happy to list he property for you. I have extensive experience in real estate. I put my customers first and give them personal service. You can reach me on my cell phone any time. I have all the marketing tools to sell the property fast for the most money possible. Our company is the largest Century 21 company in New Jersey. This gives us an edge with available technology however we do not lose the personal touch.
I would need to obtain more details about the property and then I can prepare a free market analysis based on sales of similar homes in Gibbstown for you. We would sit down and discuss the marketing plan to sell the home for the most money possible in the shortest amount of time. I will take care of all the details to minimize the stress on your part. The market conditions in our area are still favorable dispite to what you hear on the news. I think we have been pretty lucky comparing to some other states.
Please contact me to set up an appointment to discuss your options.
Jitka McCabe
Century 21 Alliance
1107 Mantua Pike, Ste 712
Mantua, NJ 08051
Office (856) 468-7800
Cell (856) 278-6142
Web Reference: http://jitkamccabe.com
Nia,

That's a little too far away from me but if an agent from that area does not respond to your post here, I would suggest you contacting a realtor in that area and ask them to prepare a current market analysis for you so you can decide if it's best to sell. Typically the CMA is complimentary so you should not incur any fees. If you do not decide to sell - will you rent the property or occupy it? The realtor should be able to help you should you wish to rent it as well.

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
Prudential New Jersey Properties
973-239-7700 ext 132
973-715-1158 cell
GinaChirico@PruNewJersey.com