kippy716, Home Buyer in Grand Island, NY

I am taking my house off the market with time left on my listing contract with a realtor. She is putting it in temp status not off the market. There

Asked by kippy716, Grand Island, NY Thu Jul 17, 2014

is one month left on contract, do I need to use the same realtor if I relist in 9 months?

Answers

6
No, your listing contract is for a limited amount of time. If you have only 1 month left, then you only need to continue using that real estate agent for a month. After the listing contract expires, you are free to chose whomever you wish.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 17, 2014
Depends on your listing agreement call her broker if she does not answer the question for you
Typically in WNY it should be listed as "withdrawn" not "temp status" until the listing expires. Once it expires, you are free to list with any broker you choose.
That is your choice and decision.
Once the end date on that contract passes, you are free to list with any other agent of your choosing. If you are worried about the "temporary" status, don't be. I think your agent is just being extra cautious in case you change your mind.
No. If the contract expires in one month, then you can use a different Realtor in 9 months.