Tc, Home Seller in Federal Heights, CO

I am selling my mobile home and have a buyer who is paying cash. What forms do I need, is there a specific contract I need to fill out.?

Asked by Tc, Federal Heights, CO Sat Dec 3, 2011

This sale is taking place in Colorado and there is no land with the mobile. The mobile park required the buyer fill out and application which they have approved, and he will have to pay lot rent. Is there anything I need to know for this sale? Is there some kind of contract and tax certificate needed. Will I have to pay sales tax on this purchase? This is all new to us since it was my mothers home and she has moved into an assisted living center. Thank you for any advice you can offer me.

Help the community by answering this question:


Gary Geer’s answer
Not sure about Colorado, but in Illinois mobile homes have a title from the state. If the same is true there you would need to sign, date and convey the title to the new buyer. And yes the buyer may have taxes to pay in addtion to title transfer fees. Contact your department of motor vehicles to find out. Hope that helps.

All the best,
Gary Geer
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 3, 2011
A good example of what using an agent is a good idea!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 25, 2012
Hello Tc-

I hope you've found the info. If not, I hope it helps:

Besides the info Mr. Geer had provided, you also need to call the county and bring the taxes current, just like in a regular RE transaction, there are taxes to pay. For additional information about the Mobile Home Department, please contact the Assessor's Office at 720.523.6038.

Have a great day.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 25, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer