Jacob, Home Seller in 52591

I am selling my house without the assistance of a realtor, is there any way I can list it on your website?

Asked by Jacob, 52591 Wed Aug 1, 2012

Answers

2
Nope. But you can list it where most For Sale By Owners List - Craigslist or the pay sites for owners to list themselves. Problem is that most buyers don't look there - did you look there when you bought?
There are some discount brokers that will list it in the local MLS so that it funnels into sites like Trulia and Realtor.com for a flat fee. This will also give exposure to all local buyers agents. The catch is that you'll still have to pay the buyers agent commission and your listing discount broker won't provide much assistance outside of listing the home.
Flag Fri Aug 3, 2012
I did list with Craigslist. Like you said most people don't look on the pay sites or even Craigslist. That's why I wanted to post on Trulia. But I was informed by a Broker from CA that I must first have a realtor, and then they may list it. The thing is, is I am forced to relocate and I am selling my house without much equity and not much of a savings, so paying a realtor 6% would hurt my financial situation greatly. Any suggestions?
Flag Wed Aug 1, 2012
Hi Jacob,

Have your Realtor do it. Trulia only lists homes in the MLS/listed with a Realtor.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
http://www.RealtyBySR.com