Joey129, Home Seller in 19148

I am selling my house on a block in 19148. My house is very well kept and big. However, the street keeps

Asked by Joey129, 19148 Sat Jun 20, 2009

getting negative feedback. I already reduced the price. Is there anything else I can do?

Answers

9
Hi Joey,
Reducing the price is always the easiest, fastest thing to do. It is not necessarily the wisest move to make right away. Make sure the house is not cluttered and shows really well. If you don't already have an agent working with you, you want to find an agent that is an expert at marketing homes in your area. I live in South Philly myself and have a great deal of experience in selling houses in the area. My advice would be to wait until late February or early March 2010 to list the house for sale. When you put it up for sale, make sure you have beautiful, sharp pictures for marketing the property. Plan an open house and flyer the entire neighborhood with Open House Brochures stating the date and time. You really want to generate buzz about your house with all your neighbors. If you are on a good block, neighbors always have friends or family who are looking to move onto the block. If the street is that bad then you have to get creative. If you are not yet working with a Realtor, please feel free to call me to discuss your situation and how I may be able to help you sell your house. Have a great day.
Larry Lichtman
Your Real Estate Resource For Life
(267) 254-7994
LarrySellsRealEstate@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 17, 2010
Joey
We are having the same problem with a listing we have in the art museum area. We are getting negative feedback about the block but the home is a great rehab. It is frustrating because some buyers are not even going into the home. We cannot do anything about the block of course but what we can do is offer a few things to help the showings. Possibly offer an incentive to the buyers agent. If the agent has an incentive he or she will be more likely to direct the buyer into the home rather than just driving away without showing it. You can try to give it more curb appeal with making sure the block is clean and free of debris during showing days, adding flower boxes and possibly painting your door a brighter color to give it some pizazz. That being said price is always the best option. If you are priced right for the block then you will sell and I understand that that is not always what sellers want to hear but it is the reality. We cannot overcome conditions and the appearance of a block is a huge condition. If I can be of more help to you please call me directly.

Carmel Archdekin
REALTOR
Coldwell Banker Preferred
223-225 Market Street
Philadelphia PA 19106
Office: 215.923.7600
Cell: 215.680.5998
EFax: 215.940.8207
http://www.cbpref.com
WINNER OF 2008 COLDWELL BANKER ACHIEVERS SOCIETY AWARD
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 24, 2009
Hi Joe,

This may well be a curb appeal issue. It may also be an issue of the cleanliness of the street, or parking in the vicinity. Also, what are the lifestyle upsides or your property? What you are trying to determine is 'Who is the ideal buyer', so that you can fine tune the marketing.

Although you have reduced the price, it may remain 'Overvalued'.

I strongly recommend that you speak with a seasoned realtor to digest the entire problem and come up with an effective plan of action.

If you are not already working with a professional, I am happy to work with you.

Good Luck.

Charles Balducci, 215.531.2000
cbalducci@cbpref.com
What is the negative about the street.? How do other homes on the street show? Does it have pride of ownership? If there are many homes for sale price yours at lower than the competition.If someone wants to buy , they will choose yours over the competition.
Web Reference: http://www.gitabantwal.com
You're in a tight spot. Location location location is truly the mantra here.
If you have the most beautiful house on the block, the rest of the houses will drag yours down.
You cannot fix/change the block. The only thing in your control is your OWN house (which is already well kept) and your PRICE. Talk to your agent and ask for a fresh CMA, and adjust the price downward if you must.
Obviously, you cannot change the property location, so focus on the positives in marketing materials. Make sure the house looks better than others you are competing with. Most buyers want a house that is updated and move in ready. Did you receive any other feedback from potential buyers other than the street. Of course it needs to be priced right and marketed effectively.
Hi Joey,

How are you doing? I have a house listed at 19148 area as well, between 7th, 8th & Ritner Street. The biggest effect of a listing is how to attract the buyer's agents, as well as the buyers. Therefore, the way the home is being marketed is extremely important! Especially buyers in today's market, a majority of the buyers look on the Internet for homes, and will most likely ask their agents to show them the house that they pick out that they would like to see.

Moreover, it all depends on the agent who is doing the marketing of the home and if they are exhausting all methods to get the home sold. Knowing how to market a seller's home on the Internet is very crucial now-a-days, due to the fact that the Internet is where everyone turns to look for information in today's world!

If you are not currently working with an agent, or if your listing contract has expired, and you would like to learn more of my company's marketing plan, as well as my own techniques that I use to market my sellers homes, please feel free to email me at Phong.Lam@c21ag.com or give me a call at my cell. I will be more than happy to assist you further with the marketing plan!

Phong Lam
REALTOR®
CENTURY 21 Advantage Gold
2010 Oregon Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19145
Business: (215) 465-1400, ext. 508
Fax: (215) 336-7793
Mobile: (267) 918-1880
Email: Phong.Lam@c21ag.com
http://www.c21ag.com
Joey, Are you using a Realtor or trying to do this yourself? My job as a Realtor is to come through your house and advise you. Sometimes I propose simple changes, such as restricting viewing times. But I also work with other Realtors to promote and explain any so called street issues. I can show you how just good photos can increase traffic.
Web Reference: http://www.moveSmarter.com
Do you currently live in the home? Are you friendly with your neighbors? What are the specific negative responses you are getting?

Maybe hiring someone to sweep your street daily? A local person who lives on the block.

I would need to know more specifics to help you further.