Home Selling in Mountain Top>Question Details

John, Home Seller in Mountain Top, PA

I am selling my house as a fsbo. If a potential buyer looks at my house and has signed a contract with a

Asked by John, Mountain Top, PA Tue Jun 2, 2009

realtor, who pays that comission if i sell to that person?

Answers

7
John,

My only nitpicking of the previous posts would be that everything is negotiable. It's not just a simple matter of you paying the commission or not. Obviously, you will be jeopardizing the sale by not being flexible on this issue, but it doesn't necessarily mean you pay the whole commission, you could offer to pay half and leave the other half for the buyer. As for as that goes, the agent could even chip in a little in the way of a reduction to get the deal done, however with you being a FSBO that is highly unlikely. For other info regarding doing a FSBO, check out the blog attached to the link below. Good luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 2, 2009
the buyer will pay the commission to the agent of course if they made arrangements prior to showing your house in regards to compensation. Otherwise the agent will not get any commission.
I hope that answer your question.
If you need any help with selling your home or just advise with the process of selling on your own feel free to give me a call 570-902-9990 or e-mail us: wesellfast@yahoo.com or on the web: http://www.TradeMarkRealtyGroup.com
John,

Before you jump all over Keith's idea, from my observations of his posts, nothing warms the Realtor part of his heart more than adding a failed fsbo to the NAR statistics.
Since you are selling your home without professional representation, why don't you ask the buyer to pay his Realtor the commission?
Explain that you priced the property without any commission figured into the sales price, so they can just add it on if they want to pay commission.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Depends. It can be worked out in several ways.

- Buyer pays the agent commission out of pocket.
- Buyer asks for seller assist for closing costs so that the buyer can pay the agent their commission.
- An agreement of sale is put in for the offer price of the home plus commission thereby the commission is part of the loan and would be paid from your side of the HUD-1.

You can put in your advertising that you are willing to pay x% to an agent bringing in the offer.

I wish you luck on trying to sell your home on your own. If you are priced according to other similar SOLD homes in the area, have your home decluttered and looking nice, you should be able to sell the home in a reasonable amount of time.

I assume that you will be able to show your home at any time of day or evening, seven days a week, right? We have had many buyers who wanted to see homes at a particular time not see a home at all because the seller wasn't flexible.

Well, any way, hope that helps,

Terrence Charest, e-Pro
If the buyer has a contract with the buyers agent then the buyer will pay the realtor what was agreed or they will ask for you to pay as part of the deal.
Web Reference: http://www.SeanDawes.com
Did you have any agreement with the Realtor as far as commission?

Anna