anitaorr, Home Seller in Oklahoma City, OK

I am selling my home..I need the best agency to represent me and I am trying to find stats or selling ability for keller williams and caldwell banker

Asked by anitaorr, Oklahoma City, OK Tue Nov 27, 2012

Ryan Hukill’s answer
All due respect, Suzy, that's horrible advice. If all Realtors are the same and none are worth more than others, then we'd all have the same results wouldn't we? Why is it that all of your listings combined have sold in an average of 106 days on the market and mine have sold in an average of 57 days? Why is it that your listings have sold at an average of 95% of list price and mine have sold at an average of 98% of list price? If we're talking about sellers keeping more of their equity, which one is better for them?

It's great that you care about your clients. That should be a given. And if you want to underprice your services, more power to you, but what really matters for every seller is results. That's the reason I publish my results for all to see (link below).

Your explanation here sounds like the same ones I've heard from many other agents trying to compensate for their shortcomings by putting down their competitors, or devaluing what their competitors do. I can assure you that I (and many other local professional listing agents I know) do far more for my sellers than the vast majority of other agents and my results show it. The old adage "you get what you pay for" most certainly applies to the real estate business. A listing agent's value is in their network, their market knowledge, and their marketing ability, all of which come from hard work and experience. Yes, those things come at a price and, as evidenced above, that higher listing commission that sellers pay me results in them keeping more of their equity.

Your statement is based on the lowest common denominator and devalues every one of us. It's the reason that the general public has such a low opinion of our profession. Show the public your strengths and your results, rather than putting down our role in our industry. Win your listings on what you can do, instead of trying to devalue what others can do. You'll be better for it, and your clients will respect you more for it.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 27, 2012
In all due repect. You have been in the business 16 years and I have been in the business a touch over 2 years, so in comparison, I'm doing well, if you are comparing. I think some of my words were taken out of contexts. So to overview my last comments. I feel Real Estate is a wonderful career. I believe Realtors work hard and we should all work to help our clients the best way possible. I still believe the name of the company should not matter, its the Realtor that the seller and buyers feel most comfortable with. Referrals are a good source for clients, I agree with another agents comment. The bottom line is that there are alot of realtors for clients to choose from and the client will choose the one that best fits their needs and they feel comfortable with. I feel all realtors should always do their best to help a seller or buyer. Speaking for myseIf, I will always be honest and work with integrety for all my clients and will always appreciate their business.
Flag Sun Dec 30, 2012
How do you really feel?
Anita is in a very common situation.
The data that will be presented will not make clear the difference between a corporate owned and managed brokerage (Purdential and Coldwell Banker) and interdependently owned and operated brokerages such as Keller Williams and Remax.
To add further compication to Anita's need to know is that within many brokerages, 20% of the agents do 90% of the production. The reality may be even more skewed. Anita would be well advised to evaluate agent productivity. (NATIONAL average is 7 transactions per year. That's a terrible, terrible average)
My guidance to Anita would be to see whose signs are appearing in the lawns of the homes in her community and in communities like hers. Then call those agents.....not the brokerage.
Anita has seven IMPORTANT questions that MUST be answered.
The agent who answers those questions WITHOUT Anita asking them is the one to select in regards to selling her home.
As Ryan pointed out, there IS a difference! There are many, resources real estate professionals share in common, but the RESULTS suggest there are other major influences resulting in the outcomes of exceptional benefit to the home seller. Results, must be the focus. Any other focus will prove costly.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420. 4041
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 29, 2012
My advice to you is to ask your friends and family for a REALTOR referral, don't worry about the company. It's the realtor that you need to feel comfortable with--are they experienced? do they know the area? how will they market your home? For example, I'm a realtor with 8 years of experience and I live/work in the S. OKC/Moore area so I know the comps/neighborhoods/schools, etc. very well. You could hire a realtor from a big company (I have worked for one of the above mentioned companies and was very happy there) but, that doesn't necessarily mean that they are going to do a great job selling your home and have your best interest at heart. That's why I say, ask people you trust for a referral--a realtor that they themselves have worked with before--that way you can feel more confident that you will be getting the best service in town!

Or, of course, call me! :) I'd be happy to help you and appreciate the business! 405-596-4997
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 27, 2012
The agencies aren't who do the advertising for your property. You need to have the best agent available. Interview several and ask what marketing they do--outside of the basics.
I think direct referrals are best. Ask somebody you trust about their good experience with a realtor and go from there.
Take your time and interview several agents. Pick the one that fits you best and then consider the company they are with second. Paste this address into your browser- . It is a video I made Home Selling Tips- 5 questions to ask a listing agent. It should help you.

Web Reference: http://youtu.be/NQM9jcGanxA
Good Morning! The agency that you choose really has nothing to do with how well your agent will perform. As an gent you can go anywhere and run under any flag you may choose. It is the agents performance and foremost dedication to their clients that make him/ her stand out. I think personel connection and a good marketing plan of the individual is the best route to go. Hope this helps :)

Sandra Cooper Stellar Realty 405-812-5507 ~ MOVING YOU FORWARD~
I would be less concerned with the brokerage house and more concerned with finding an individual agent that you trust and get along well with. Selling a home can be a stressful process be sure that you find an agent that will be straight forward and honest with you.

Zack King
Keller Williams Estates Calabasas
(818) 825-7388
The company that a real estate professional works for is a factor, as far as marketing support, internet presence, training, and broker assistance for their sales professionals. Case in point, Prudential offers incredible support to their associates with marketing tools and website platforms that propel customers listings to the forefront. But choosing a sales associate that you are comfortable with is a key factor. Some may prefer an aggressive type salesman, while others prefer someone that feels more like family. A competent sales professional should work hard for your business and your best interest, being honest, patient, knowledgeable, helpful, and thorough. Whether buying or selling your agent should keep in communication with you through the entire process. If you are interviewing realtors, I would love to be one that you visit with. I love what I do and consider it a privilege to work with people during one of the most important financial decisions of their lives.
Katy Stark
Bigger is not better. You should be shopping for an agent not narrow down on a large national franchise. All agents are not created equal, you may want to interview one from a large company, medium company and perhaps a small company. You want an agengt that will guide you through each step of the buying process. Too big, could mean too busy which means limited access to assitance or being stuck with an assistant. Good luck with your purchase.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 29, 2012
Ask the agents for a resume as well. Finding a listing agent is similar to asking someone to apply for a job. Get their credentials and their track record.
Flag Mon Sep 8, 2014
I still believe its the agent not the agency that makes the sale.
Sure you want a full service agency that is going to give the agent all the tools they need to succeed but real estate is a very personal bussiness. Everyone who has bought or sold a home who has worked with an agent, LOVES to tell their experience either good or bad... just ask. You need to TRUST and feel the real estate agent is looking after you, not themselves, not the other side but YOU. For some buyers and sellers this is the biggest finacial decision they will ever make. At the same time it can be very primal as to where you will be living and perhaps raising and enjoying your family.
Trulia has an agent recommendation page. Just type your area in the country and the agent you would like to know about and check out what others who have used them had to say about them. Its a wonderful tool.
Robin Tody
HUNT Real Estate
Manlius, N.Y.
What sells a house is the buyer, not the realtor. The realtor is tool to represent the sellers and/or buyers. The realtor sells the facts about your home.
What helps is location, condition and listed price of the home.

Realtors do about the same thing, and be careful of those that tell you they do alot more things then others. When you list your home, it goes on the MLS, and then the different websites pull it in to many websites that people search for homes on their own. The MLS serves as a tool for ALL the realtors, giving them the inventory of homes to present to their clients. If selling homes relied on a certain name of an agency, then there would only be one agency in town to sell homes, in my opinion.

The name of the company should not matter to you, the realtor that represents you is what you want to look at. One realtor list your home and all the other realtors have the same opportunity to sell it.

My name is Suzy. I am a realtor that works for an agency that is the 10th largest company in 17 months. We don't have the well known name at this moment in time that everyone is familiar with, but why are we now growing at this fast rate....Why?...because we really care about helping our clients(buyers or sellers). We want our clients to keep as much equity as possible, but still be able for the realtor to make money for the work that is done. Again, the amount of commission a realtor charges you does not mean they are better then other realtors. It means you keep less of your equity.

If you want a realtor that represent you and also save you money,lets you keep more equity--not lock you into long listing agreements-- represent you with a free professional photographer to do our listing photos, Then please call me at 405-589-4294. I am a honest, hardworking realtor that really appreciates the opportunity the sellers and buyers give me .
Wow, it's tough getting a link to post correctly from my iPhone :) Here's the corrected link: http://www.showmeokc.com/sellingyourhome
WOW, You want to list your home and get the best agency.?.? Although I think a good agency is inportant I think it's more inportant to get the best Realtor for you. Ask neighbors and co-workers who they used and would they use them again. Everyone has a real estate story you just need to ask. Do 2-3 interviews and then see who you click with. Good Luck.
Good Afternoon:

As Mr Hukill has stated the best thing you can do is have a meeting with a few Realtors and pick the one you feel most comfortable with, I would be gladt to sit down with you and explain my ways of marketing your home to sell it for you:,

Contact Me so we can talk further

John Phillips
ReMax Prefereed Properties
405 413 0791
If you're in the greater OKC metro area, I would love to visit with you and show you what I do different from other agents, and why I haven't had a listing expire in almost 6 years. Please visit http://www.showmeokc,com/sellingyourhome to see specifics. Looking forward to hearing from you.
The stats you're inquiring about aren't published by the major brokerages. You'll have to scan the websites of successful agents. They would be pretty self-evident how good they are.
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com