Home Selling in Waltham>Question Details

Susan Sills, Both Buyer and Seller in Cambridge, MA

I am selling my condo without a realtor...Is it possible to put a listing on Trulia?

Asked by Susan Sills, Cambridge, MA Wed Jul 24, 2013

Answers

6
Look for an agent that will charge a flat fee for what is called and Entry Only listing. Your information will be on the listing so agents will call you for showings and offers, and yes it will then be on Trulia!
@Susan Sills, what you should be looking for is a flat fee MLS listing service or an entry only MLS listing service in your area, they (specifically the licensed broker behind the firm) will list your home for a one-time flat fee that is far less than a standard real estate agent commission and once your property is listed in the MLS, it will be syndicated to Trulia, among many other websites. Check out the web reference immediately below for insight on how something like this works. Hope that helps!
Selling on your own is a great way to save money just make sure you are educated about the process of FSBO. There are a lot of great a la carte options out there for FSBO's; They will give you marketing tools and access to the mls, etc, for a flat fee so definitely do your research. As for Trulia I don't think you can post unless you are a licensed agent with an account however there are probably FSBO companies that include trulia and zillow postings in the package. We know of a great company so feel free to email us anytime: help@territory.com

Territory Real Estate
Massachusetts Destination for Home Buyer's
617 848 5407 ext 704
Web Reference: http://territory.com
Hi Susan -
Are you planning to list on the MLS? If so your property will be listed on Trulia as well as Zillow and other real estate sites.

I'm guessing that the reason you are thinking of selling on your own is because you want to avoid a realtor's fee. But most buyers will have a buyer agent, and will expect you to compensate that buyer agent between 2 and 2.5% of the purchase price. Further, buyers who are looking to purchase a home sold by owners believe they will save the cost of the listing agent's commission and will make an offer accordingly. Finally, your realtor will give you much more exposure than you can get on your own. For example, through the Keller Williams Listing Service your listing will be exposed to hundreds of web sites. I will set up a web site for your property. As a member of Keller Williams Global Property Service I can also post your listing on an international site that will translate it into 17 languages. Given the large number of foreign buyers in the Cambridge market, that will give you a distinct advantage.

If you would like to talk with me about what I can do for you--a no-strings conversation--please call or email me. If you decide to go it alone, I wish you the best of luck.

Ellen G. Friedman, PhD, Realtor®
Vice President
955 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02139
E-mail: ellengfriedman@comcast.net
http://www.ellenfriedmanhomes.com
http://www.cambridgeandsomervillehomes.com
I'm sorry, Susan. Trulia only allows listings that are represented by real estate agents.
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL
Using a Realtor is smart for both things:
You can't POST on Trulia without one.