Home Selling in Delanco>Question Details

Philip, Both Buyer and Seller in 08075

I am selling a house which has beautiful water views but it also has two apartments associated with it.

Asked by Philip, 08075 Tue Feb 5, 2008

The property has an outdated kitchen and only one bath on the second floor. Should I put a second bath on the first floor, or update the kitchen?

Answers

4
If you have a great water view and the possability of someone using the property as a rental you should probably let the home stand as is. You will probably not get top dollar for it but if you add the extra bathroom and do other renovations you will have to ask more for the home in a slow market.
Try selling as is first. You can always make changes later if need be.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 5, 2008
If the house has all good features, then don't do it. You may spend more then you can recoup.

Save the cash for an incentive... to the buyer.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 5, 2008
I believe price is the main factor in today's market . Price it aggressively to sell. You will save money, and sell the property faster, and possibly for a higher price if you price it "for the market".

Good Luck.
Sharon Kozinn
Web Reference: http://www.sharonkozinn.com
Good morning, Price is the driving factor in this market place today. as for updating the kitchen it may not be a bad idea but I would like to see the kitchen prior , sdo that you would not over spend. If you were to redo everything it may not come back to you. Feel free to let me know if you need anything further.