Home Selling in Stroudsburg>Question Details

Aisha, Real Estate Pro in 18360

I am selling a house at discounted price in an upscale Pocono neighborhood.

Asked by Aisha, 18360 Sun May 9, 2010

I am thinking about adding another level to an already completely renovated home to increase the value. In this economy do you think this would be a good idea or do you think I should sell as is because I want to move fairly quickly?

Answers

5
Lin Wetzel’s answer
Aisha, I love that you are thinking of creative ways to increase the value! Your risk in adding another level is substantial, in both time and money. You should consider staging your home instead, to increase your chances of a quicker sale with minimal investment.

As you know it is all about Price, Location, and Condition. If your price and your location are right, staging can improve the condition by removing hindrances to a sale while increasing perceived value. Staging helps a potential buyer make important emotional connections to the home and imagine themselves living there. I would love to help you, call or email me to discuss!

Lin Wetzel
Outstanding Staging
Lin@outstandingstaging.com
(570) 369-9501
Hi Aisha,

I'm Vince Caputo from Century21 Select Group. If you would like to speak with me about the sale of your property I would be more than happy to assist you, as well as introducing you to our comprehensive relocation assistance program and other benefits you receive working with Century21,

You can visit my Pocono Homes Live website and browse through my archived videos to give you an idea of how I use the internet extensively to augment marketing properties in addition to the wide coverage that Century21 provides. My website is located at http://www.stickam.com/poconohomeslive . Please feel free to call me if you have any questions.

Vince Caputo
Century 21 Select Group
Route 209 South
PO Box 9
Brodheadsville, PA 18322

570-992-2221 Office Direct
570-992-7228 Cell Phone
570-9926934 Fax
484-8957282 Global Satellite Phone (Leave message- It will alert my email within 15 seconds of your call )
email: vince.caputo@century21.com
I agree as far as "not adding on" to the existing house. The market is still very unpredictable, pricing it below what other houses are selling for in the neighborhood is probably the best way to get activity and probably an offer. If you can offer a home warranty or if there are dues pay the buyers 1st year dues. Something to entice the buyer to look at your home 1st. I have never been the realtor who looks at the commission and says this one is 1/2 point more I'll show that one or this one has a bonus I'll show that one instead of this one. But if your house has what the buyer is looking for and is priced better than the next one that's the one I would show. Good luck.
If you need to sell, don't spend any funds for an upper level addition--chances are you may not recoup your investment--sell it as--keep in mind that pricing and marketing are paramount in today's market.
Sell "as is", and offer a good commission, that may be more then your competition is offering.
Web Reference: http://www.wilkins1.com