Lyn, Both Buyer and Seller in Hinsdale, NY

I am selling a home that cost me $55,000.00 to put together. Land ,well,septic,pears, garage, paved driveway,pool deck,double pane windows,new

Asked by Lyn, Hinsdale, NY Tue May 18, 2010

furnise,hot water tank,and electric pole and equipment. It's a remodled old trailer with a large jet powered bath tub and a large addition to make it like a doulbewild,plus a forier . It's bueatiful.Because it's a trialer people don't want to offer more than the land is worth.What should I do?

Answers

1
Unfortunately, trailers only go down in value. Any trailer over 20 years old has pretty much loss all of it's value no matter how nice you fix it up. You will probably not recoup most of the money you put in to improving your home.

I don't know if you have had an opportunity to speak with a Realtor yet, but there are several items they could help you with. A Realtor would be able to tell you what properties have sold recently in the Hinsdale area, and approximately how long properties are staying on the market before they sell. Also, a Realtor would be able to give you a better understanding of what improvements would add resale value to your home, and what improvements will most likely not be recouped at the time of a sale. I would love to answer any questions that you may have. Feel free to send me an e-mail to set up a convenient time to discuss these things.