Home Selling in 33904>Question Details

Bheg, Home Seller in 33904

I am selling a condo in Florida through a private sale. I want to keep the costs down but also make sure there are no problems.

Asked by Bheg, 33904 Mon Jul 5, 2010

Can I use a legal assistant to facilitate the sale instead of a more-expensive lawyer? Is this done? It seems like a fairly straight forward sale. I own the condo outright and the buyer will pay cash.

Help the community by answering this question:


Shelley Hughes-Spradling’s answer
If you would like help marketing your property for a $150. I will list it on the mls and with over 40 real estate syndications to get you a buyer fast without having to pay a listing agent and help you with any questions and connections you may need while you go through the process of selling you own home. I look forward to speaking with you.Please give me a call at 239-246-0277 and i can get it done today for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 5, 2012
Sounds like you're in a pickle (catch 22). Consider paying a professional a flat fee for overseeing the transaction.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 19, 2010
One of the key advantages to buying or selling a property in Florida vs. many other states is that you can use a title company to handle the transaction. You do not need to retain an expensive attorney to complete the transaction.

Here is a resource which provides estimated closing costs on a property in Lee County Florida: http://www.greaterftmyers.com/closing-costs.php

Good luck with this sale!
Web Reference: http://www.gulfreturns.com/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 6, 2010
Hi Bheg,
You are going to be able to use the title service closing the transaction. If you have the name of the title company you used when purchasing your condo that will save you money by going back through them. You can recommend them to your buyer. You can also ask your buyer to make their escrow deposit check payable to them as well. Your other expense will be the doc stamps on the sale (like sales tax). You will pay $.75 per $100.00 on the sale price.
If you need the assistance of a good title company in Cape Coral then try Best Title Solutions, 4705 Vincennes Blvd., Cape Coral, FL 33904 (239)541-3388 ask for Stormy Wilder. You may use my name.

Sarah Garrett, Realtor
Alliance Realty Group
"Chosen Best in Client Satisfaction 206-2010" by Gulfshore Life Magazine
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 5, 2010

A title company can assist you.

Good Luck

0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 5, 2010
A Title Company may be the safest and most cost effective way to close your sale. Many Title Companies are attorney owned and operated.

A legal assistant, or anyone familiar with closings could probably get it done too.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 5, 2010
Hi Bheg,
You will need a title company to help you. Most attorneys that close real estate transactions, charge the same as a title company. I know of a great one in the same zip as your condo.
Annette Haber
1633 Southeast 47th Terrace
Cape Coral, FL 33904-8731
(239) 542-0700

Best of Luck,
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 5, 2010
You will need a title company OR a lawyer to close the transaction. They can provide you with all costs as they do the title search. In our area, the costs between a title company and an atty. close are comparable.

Debbie Albert,
Coldwell Banker Residential
Web Reference: http://www.ronanddebbie.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 5, 2010
A legal assistant works for a lawyer and bottom line is you will be working with a lawyer. The legal assistant cannot practice law as they are obviously not an attorney. Thus, your best bet is to engage an attorney and call it day. You will then have your assurances you look to achieve. Good Luck. Chris
Web Reference: http://www.spinarealty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 5, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer