Christine Mc…,  in 33914

I am scheduled to go to closing on March 19th but the appraisal is not being done until the 13th. Can this be enough time for a FHA loan in PA??

Asked by Christine McNamee, 33914 Thu Mar 8, 2012

Answers

6
The Realtors will need to address the issue of the keys. However, I would suggest getting an extension of the contract signed before you get on the road to Florida. Did the appraiser actually visit your home on the 13th? Since we don't know the date your contract was signed by all parties, it's hard for us to say whether or not the 19th was a reasonable date for closing.
Barbara Coker
NMLS#228545
Licensed Mortgage Loan Officer
100% Home Loans All Over Texas!
Yes, the appraiser did complete the visit on theth and my Realtor just hung up, it is now by the 30th of march so the drama continues, the original contract was Dec 16th, 2011, but it is for a FHA 203 loan which i did not find out until late January when i signed the first extension.apparently they take 3-6 months. but thanks for all the help barbara.
Flag Thu Mar 15, 2012
Actually i am the seller which i should have noted & as of today it appears my Realtor is hiding from me..i am moving the day after with or without the sale and now not comfortable with him holding the keys since i have come home twice and the doors unlocked and i live inter city Philly , need i say more. any suggestions. i am moving to Florida so i can not drive by any longer. should i get the keys back until he sends me the settlement papers?
Yes...but no guarantees.....you should discuss with your lender and your realtor strategies for an on time closing. For example your lender may not want to wait to submit a complete package including the appraisal to the underwriter. They may want to submit what they have now and use the appraisal as a condition.

Your realtor may want an extension signed by you and ready to go in case there is a delay.
Web Reference: http://www.teamlynn.com
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Barbara is right, it will be tight. If the appraisal is turned in the same day and there are no issues on it calling for additional items to be repaired or an engineers report you should be able to close if you have a good lender with quick turn times.
No professional can speak on the behalf of others responsible to handle your file. Direct your questions to your mortgage broker or Realtor.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Well, it certainly would be tight. I would check with my lender to see what their turntime is. It might be prudent for your Realtor to ask for an extension of the contract. And I would also ask about the time frame for your interest rate lock.

Barbara Coker
NMLS#228545
Licensed Mortgage Loan Officer
100% Home Loans ALL Over Texas
Web Reference: http://www.thecokerteam.com