Home Selling in Killeen>Question Details

injaburnett, Home Seller in Killeen, TX

I am really getting upset with my Realtor for many reasons. What is a good timeframe before someone should look at trying to change Realtors?

Asked by injaburnett, Killeen, TX Wed May 8, 2013

I want to move my property and need a excellent Realtor who knows what they are doing! I have a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, one story home with many upgrades.

Answers

6
Specifically - Why are you getting upset with your Realtor?
How long have you been listed with him or her?

Now, if you were promised (hopefully, in a WRITTEN marketing plan) certain items that were not done..........or you were not given proper information on pricing (this doesn't mean that you didn't listen to the advice - just that you never received a detailed market analysis).........then.......you really should start with sitting down with your agent AND their Broker..... and have a discussion about what is troubling you, and how it can be resolved.

You signed a listing agremeent that can be enforced until the expriation date.
It would be in your best interest to try and work this out, and I am sure if you involve the Broker, things will improve.
If you feel you can no longer work with this particular agent, then another agent from that office can be assigned to your listing.

You can't simply "move your property" to another realtor/company without either the listing time period being up...or with an unconditional release from the current Brokerage.

Best wishes........
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 8, 2013
Thank you for the update!!

I think you're doing the right thing.......

Best wishes - hope it all works out for you, and you have a smooth trip to the closing table!!
Thank everyone for your advise.
I know that there are many factors in a home sale but without being overly negative, I think I will re-engage my current realtor once more. If my opinion of what I'm looking for is not getting better then I'll look to work with the broker to find a better fit for me and my realtor expectations.
I know my post seems very general but I have so many negatives right now I don't want to sound like a nagger. I'm just looking for a more active experience here with this sale. This is not my first interaction in the housing market and by far has been my worst one so far.

Again thank you all for your input!
You change Realtors any time but before you do you may want to determine other factors. Did your realtor do a market analysis giving you the best possible listing price to aggressively market your home. Did he or she discuss the market, for ex how long its taking homes to sell whether they are new construction or preown and why, what factors in our market that could hinder a quick sale like how much inventory,(homes) are on the market, what buyers are looking for in homes at the present time, etc. Also, what type of marketing your realtor is doing. I think what it boils down to is you can have the Best Realtor around that's doing all the marketing known to man, but it all goes back to the Market and what's going on.

I hope this helped. Please feel free to give me a call if I can help you in any way.

Pamela Moore
Coldwell Banker United Realtor
254-291-0098
You should let your Realtor know you are unhappy and explain what you are wanting done, and ask them what they have done to market your house. A lot of the time they are doing stuff to promote your house but if they are not communicating what is being done you do not know. If there is open communication between the two of you they know what your expectations are as well as you know theirs, then if you still are unhappy you can ask to have the listing agreement terminated or have the broker assign the listing to another agent.
I would talk to them and explain to them what you are not happy about and see if you guys can work it out. If they are not doing what you think they should be doing then let them know. A lot of times the price is the problem. Have them show you some homes similar to yours that have sold and some that are currently for sale and that should give you an idea of whether or not your home is priced right.