, Other/Just Looking in

I am not sure if it is the right time to sale my apartment and repurchase new one...

Asked by , Thu Sep 13, 2007

To help answer your question, I would need to know why you are considering selling .
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 14, 2007
I agree. Consult a Realtor in your area to analyze your options. There is a proverb that advises one to estimate the costs before building.
I think that applies here.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
It sounds like you need some market data. You can speak with a Realtor or do your own research on market data. You didn't mention if your apartment is in Manhattan or another location.

Tami is correct in stating only you can answer your question. Is there an immediate need to sell and re-purchase? Do you want to stay in the same location or are you relocating to a warmer climate or nearer to family? These type of questions can only be answered by you.

A good Realtor can give you market data from your city/town and your building. I'm offering this type of data to a couple relocating from Canada. Ask around for referrals. Interview a few Realtors - not all agents are Realtors in Manhattan. Make sure, if you do decide to sell that the Realtor will market your apartment to as many buyers as possible - ask them how they'll market your property; ask them if they co-broke, ask them if they'll guarantee their marketing services and ask what type of updates they'll provide you.

You'll need to let the Realtor know what your priorities are so a marketing plan can be tailor-made to your situation. Lastly, if you use the same Realtor to sell your home and purchase your new one, ask them if they'll give you a discount. It doesn't hurt to ask and it's not uncommon to receive the discount since they're going to be involved in two separate transactions for you.

Hope this helps. I can provide you referrals on stagers, painters, handy men, movers and lenders, if you need. The following web link is to my web page on my broker's site.
Only you can answer that question. First I'd look at your current mortgage and make sure your not going to be negative. If you will come out on top than the next thing to do is to look around and see what other appartments are out there that you'd be interested in and talk with your mortgage company about the new property and what payments you'd be looking at and go from there .. Tami Reno,NV