transition20…, Home Seller in Bullhead City, AZ

I am not represented by an agent and I asking the buyer to deposit 10,000 into escrow and 5,000 be released to me as I need funds to survive until Jun

Asked by transition2010, Bullhead City, AZ Sat Mar 30, 2013

Selling to an investor, I do have a error on title that can be cleared with a letter of opinion from the attorney that handled the transaction which I have and just discovered i have several leins from the count of San Diego for public assistance in 1994. I went to the county operations yesterday to start their paper work so that these items can be paid through escrow. I am driving with no car insurance and leaving the door wide open for trouble

Answers

6
It is highly unlikely that the buyer will release any money to you from escrow, prior to the closing.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 30, 2013
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL
This is why you could have used a listing agent. with a cloudy title and liens no buyer would release money to seller before closing. You may need an attorney to review the paperwork if it is drawn up by teh buyer and the sellers agent would usually look out for you, you may need the attorney to look out for you.
Dear Trans:

I would get an attorney to review your situation if you do not have an attorney to review your purchase contracts. Talk to the escrow agent. Driving without insurance is not good.

Be very careful on all fronts.
If the buyer follows through with your request, please send him my way. I may just retire early as it's not often I find someone that gullible and who has lots of money and absolutely no business sense.whatsoever.
It sounds like you might need a Realtor and attorney!
Hi transition2010,

I doubt the buyer will release anything to you before the deal closes. Think about it....If it were you, would you? What if the deal doesn't close? They would be out the $5,000 because it appears you would not be able to pay them back if the deal falls through.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
http://www.RealtyBySR.com