Barbey, Home Seller in Rocky Point, NY

I am not looking to finish the basement for a rental apartment on LI. The upstairs baths/kitchen were redone so does this up the value of the house?

Asked by Barbey, Rocky Point, NY Sat Jul 2, 2011

The house is in Rocky Point and only meant for 2 retired people and am looking to see if the value goes up in this market today.

Answers

3
Richard Wind, RA, SFR’s answer
Not sure if you are looking to make an apartment in your basement or have just finished it for extra living space. If you have finished it for additional living space that always helps.....however if you are looking to make an accessory apartment that could cause CO issues you need to consult an Architect.

Kitchens & bath room renovation are always the best returns but without know the particulars of your home I could not give you an intelligent answer on you ROI.

In either cause being a Licensed Architect & Realtor you can give me a call for a no cost consultation regarding your situation.
I agree with Lisa, although buyers will notice an updated bath or kitchen and may base a decision on such facts. I have lived in Rocky Point for 24 years and know that upgrades make the older home more appealing.
Many factors can determine the value of your home. Traditionally, if the home has had updates, it would hold a higher value. If you'd like, you may contact me, or another local agent to draw up a Market Analysis of your home based on what features, etc., your home has.