Alex Kolchin…, Home Seller in Andover, MA

I am new to trulia. How do I put my house for sale on Trulia?

Asked by Alex Kolchinsky, Andover, MA Sat Mar 20, 2010

Answers

14
rockinblu’s answer
"I understand that you want to sell your home - statistics show that 87% of sellers will lis with an agent."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex,

While Susan quotes NAR statistics, for whatever they're worth, she did fail to mention that FSBOs who use a flat-fee service are still counted in the 87% she mentioned. The NAR doesn't recognize flat-fee listed FSBOs as true FSBOs, because when a house appears in the MLS the listing has to be entered through a Realtor.

The 2008 National Association of Realtors® Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers states that 81% of sellers used a full service brokerage, 9% used a limited service arrangement, and 9% used a minimal service arrangement, but yet another 13% were FSBOs. I'm still trying to fiure out how that adds up to 100%. Oh wait. I forgot. They were using NAR math. :)
Alex, I'm a specialist in the Merrimack Valley. I'll take care of it for you. Web site below. We'll talk.

B
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 20, 2010
Alex,

Trulia will only accept listings submitted by anagent/broker. However, you can create an ad in the blog section complete with photos and a youtube video, but given the blog machines that some Realtors tend to be, it will get buried in nothing flat unless you comment on it from time to time, or make an edit on a comment.
As a FSBO, you may be interested in the blog attached to the link below.

http://www.trulia.com/blog/rockinblu/2008/08/thinking_about_…
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 20, 2010
Alex this is truly a sellers market? You can claim your house and say Make me Move? I highly suggest having a sellers agent. Our job is to keep your best interest in mind. Selling a home is very emotional for a seller. Let the professionals handle the sale and take the stress away. Love to help.
Alex,
Only real estate agents can post listings to Trulia. If you are working with an agent ask him to post your listing and include plenty of pictures. Buyers love to see pictures.

Gary Geer

http://www.ggeer.illinoisproperty.com
Listing agents are the one's posting properties in the listing section on trulia but you can blog about it, etc. There are a lot of great options to sell your home without a broker and with great success.
Happy to tell you the best way to go about it. We work exclusively with buyers so you can be sure we aren't trying to sell you on our service :)

help@territory.com

Web Reference: http://territory.com/
Hi Alex,

You will need an agent to post on Trulia... Is the house in Andover? Give us a try. We may get you more value than you sell it yourself. There is nothing to lose on your end.

Yuan's Team Realty
Hi Alex,

In addition to below, only 10% of homeowners sold their houses themselves, without a realtor, in 2011. The average loss per house was 65K - that is when sellers sold themselves, they lost.
Now you see that 5 to 6% commission will be a good investment with a great return...

Because of how little exposure the homeowner gets - in comparison with MLS exposure and agressive marketing campaign a good realtor will do for you - the do it yourself way will make you loose a lot of money.

However, getting a really great realtor and preparing the house for sale are paramount.

Blogging, UTube videos on the house and community, Pintrest...some FSBO paid sites are the tools for your home selling quest.

Best of luck,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
You might need to get a realtor to do so or you can open your own account. You can try AndoverHousing.com to see the whole process to sell your home.
Web Reference: http://AndoverHousing.com
Listing your home with a brokerage gets it there
If you have an agent, he/she can post it for you, however if you are a for sale by owner, Trulia does not allow the post-- you can try blogging about the property.
If you open an account you can blog about your listing. I don't believe as a FSBO you can add a listing directly. You can run an ad or blog about it with your Trulia account. If you are a FSBO consider an entry only listing with an agent that can get your home on Trulia, Zillow, Realtor.com and more... as well as the MLS.
You need to be an Agent to have a listing appear on Trulia unless you blog about it. However if you want the maximum exposure you should list with an agent in your area. you can use Trulia to find one!
Web Reference: http://www.mdmrealtyinc.com
I understand that you want to sell your home - statistics show that 87% of sellers will lis with an agent.
Here are a few things to think about in MA - Purchase & Sales Agreement, Title V (if not tonw sewage), Lead Paint Law, New Carbons and Smoke Law, qualified buyers coming into your home, advertisement fees.

Check out my website amsrealestate.listingbook.com

If I can be of service, please give me a call.

774-526-2457