Home Selling in Darby>Question Details

Mary, Home Seller in Darby, PA

I am moving in with one of my children and am trying to sell quickly. I contacted Home Vestors who are helping me look for investors interested in

Asked by Mary, Darby, PA Fri Aug 20, 2010

buying to rent. I just started showing house to investors but Real Estate prices are low in my area and only one person showed interest. I'm hoping to get more interest but I'm retired and don't have money for repairs that's why I wnt this route. I also don't want to rent it I want to get rid of it. I don't want to ruin my credit but if all else fails would a Short sale be the way to go? I don't owe that much on the house but I don't have the money to pay it off either and I just want to move on.

Answers

7
I agree that you should talk with several agents and get their recommendation. Yes, the market is slow and prices are down, but properly priced homes are selling. Don't sell yourself short here - interview several agents, ask them to prepare pricing recommendations and then beat the price by a margin - pricing below market is your best bet, and by doing so you are likely to fetch more than an investor will pay.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 20, 2010
If your house is still on the Market please contact me. It sounds like your house needs some work and you want to sell it as soon as possible. I can give you a realistic realistic number that you can expect to get for your house. I'm an investor that specializes in buy, fix and sell properties. Please send me your house information at JBrealinvestors@verizon.net.
A short sale, would potentially hurt your credit, but not destroy it. You would theoretically be able to buy a home again in two years or less in many cases. It could be a solution and an agent experienced in short sales in your area could help you determine if that route will work for you. Using Homevestors can be a good solution for some. However, they are home buyers and not a Real Estate Brokerage. You may want to try putting your home on the open market with a Realtor before you give up hope. The more widespread exposure you can get, the more potential there is to sell your home for top dollar. Investors will usually pay bottom dollar as they need to make a profit with your home. Hope that helps.
Hello Mary:

Real Estate agents know that the best way to get the most money out of any property is to make the greatest number of potential buyers aware that the home is for sale at a reasonable price for the market.

If you do not already know and trust an agent who serves your local community, I would be happy to put you in touch with a knowledgeable professional who serves the area.

The majority of PA Licensed agents do not charge for an initial meeting and a Comparative (or Competitive) market analysis which would provide you with a good idea of what homes like yours should be able to sell for in the current market.

Especially in a challenging and changing market, getting the best available information can be the key to reaching your goals. A local agent can get you that information and I can help you find that agent.

Good afternoon Mary, investors are usually looking to purchase a property for price so that they can resell it later and make a profit. A Short Sales requires that your lender agrees to both the Short Sale process and the selling price or you may be held responsible for the unpaid balance. Hiring a Real Estate Professional to represent your home to the buying public is the way to go. Your agent can place your home on our multiple listing service which reaches approximately 35,000 members. Between our MLS and good internet marketing, youir home is exposed to both investors and end buyers nationally. What do you believe is the value of your home? Steve
DO NOT DO A SHORT SALE if you have equity in the property! In other words, for example, if you owe $50,000 and your home is worth $100,000 and you can not afford the mortgage, a short sale would have you lose all of the equity. A FORECLOSURE would certainly be a loss as well.

Make sure your home is being properly advertised all over the internet and the home must be priced to sell. Is your home posted on craigslist, Trulia (of course) and Zillow?

RENT to Own is something that a lot of people are looking for. Put that in the title of your ads.

I hope this info is helpful for you. I hope your home sells or rents soon.

I have some investors that might like to buy your home as well. I would like to speak with you about your situation if you are interested you can contact me at brian@buyingwithbrian.com.

Thank You,
Brian Fletcher
Lincoln Realty
610-312-3158
Brian@BuyingWithBrian.com