Question Details

Wen, Home Seller in Bridgewater, NJ

I am looking to sell my house Sale by Owner! Can I list my house on Truilia? If so, what are the costs? How many pictures of the house can I add?

Asked by Wen, Bridgewater, NJ Sun Feb 14, 2010

Answers

5
I would go with whatever Rockinblu says for FSBO - always great advice and really shoudl just write a few books on it:)
Web Reference: http://www.cooperjacobs.com
Wen - Rock's video and advice is excellent........do take the time to look at the video.

Craig's list also is an option for you.............that's free, too.

If you don't want to work with a traditional agent, then you should look at least into a flat fee broker in order to get your home listed on your MLS and on Realtor.com........placement on those two sites is key, in my opinion, to really getting a home sold.

Otherwise, you're only reaching the tip of the iceberg with your personal ad placement or a sign on your front lawn.

I would advise you to familiarize yourself with lead paint disclosures, and disclosure practices in NJ...as well. You also need to learn what will be required by Bridgewater in regard to a CO for closing (fire extinguishers must be affixed to a wall in your kitchen in additon to carbon monoxide detectors and smoke detectors - call your town for clarification).

One final bit of advice - make sure you price your home very well............so learn what has sold and what you are competing with currently on the market.

Best of luck
Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Properties
Another reason to use an agent or a flat fee posting service. It's worth a few bucks.
Wen,

Anna is correct, but you can create an ad in the blog section with photos and even a youtube video, if you like.
The downside is that it will get buried in a short time unless you post a comment on it from time to time. You might be interested in the blog attached to the link below. Good luck.

http://www.trulia.com/blog/rockinblu/2008/08/thinking_about_…
Unfortunately, Trulia does not allow for sale by owner posts, only agents can post.