Home Selling in East Bethel>Question Details

Ryan, Home Seller in East Bethel, MN

I am looking to sell my home contract for deed in East Bethel, MN. I am wondering if there are brokers or

Asked by Ryan, East Bethel, MN Wed May 13, 2009

listing services that could help me with this.

Any advice? Whats the best way to find a buyer?

Answers

6
Charlie is right. One thing I see a lot though is sellers and agents that don't understand CD's. You need to have the house free and clear or be able to pay listing agent commissions with cash @ closing and get the lender(s) to approve the wraparound CD for things to work... many people do not understand the fundamentals of CD's and consequently waste their time.
Web Reference: http://www.AaronSOLD.com
I believe that the best way to handle your issue is to simply get it on the MLS with a broker/agent that you trust. On the MLS there is a place for "Financial Remarks" where you can state that a CD is an option. There are plenty of people looking for that options these days. You can also mention that in the "Public Remarks" section of the MLS listing. 2 buyers have contacted me lately looking for a CD. You need a Realtor in the area that's well connected working with a dominant real estate company in the area. I'd be happy to help.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 13, 2009
what your home look like? I am Interest in a cd homes must be 3 bedrooms 2 bath and no 2 stories
My two cents
1) My personal opinion is that you don't need to pay a premium listing commission to go COD route but that is just me. 5% should do the trick.
2) It needs to be on the MLS because a very high percentage of homes are sold by our cooperation with buyers brokers.
3) However a lot of unrepresented buyers go the COD route, so craigslist, TRULIA (good plug-in I know), Zillow, etc... thos platforms need to be covered.

I agree with everyone else. You need to speak with someone that knows the mechanics of COD's because this is not traditional real estate. Don't pay an arm and a leg to get it sold, and internet marketing with GREAT pictures should bring you what you want.

I don't cover East Bethel but know some people that do. Hit me up if you are looking for a referral.

~Chris
651-307-7663
chris.block@dhbuyers.com
I would recommend you consult a good real estate attorney if you do plan to do a contract for deed sale especially if you have a mortgage currently on your property. I can give you and the name and number of a few if you like.
Finding a buyer for a home on a Contract for Deed is basically the same as finding a buyer for any home. Besides having it on the MLS, you'll want a Realtor who knows how to market on the internet.

As far as the CD terms go, Aaron and Charles are correct, most agents don't understand them because they haven't been popular recently. We've been doing a lot more of them lately. Give me a call if you'd like.