Sandra, Home Seller in 11791

I am looking to put my house on the market in the next couple of weeks. I have an opportunity to move out of state and would like to sell my house

Asked by Sandra, 11791 Mon Jan 4, 2010

asap. I am realistic about the market and don't expect to become rich of off the sale. How good are my chances for selling my house at a reasonable price and best case scenario, how quickly could it go?

Answers

17
Hopefully we gave you confidence to list it with a professional. Selling it on your own will get you a ton of phone calls....from Realtors!

Anyhow, good luck to you.

Just curious - did you visit any of the web references at all? Reason I'm asking is because I just don't know if people actually visit these web references...
I appreciate all the answers, many have been very helpful and mainly have given me confidence about selling my home. Thank you.
Sandra, there is a very old phrase in real estate that no one has brought up yet, and definitely applies to your area, "Location, Location, Location". The houses that are on the market the longest are the ones that are too close to the LIE or parkway, back South Oyster Bay Road or the railroad track, or are have other negatives about them. If you are mid-block, with nice curb appeal, rid yourself of any clutter, make your home look neat and clean, you will find a buyer if you are priced right. Syosset is still a sought after school district, and there are plenty of buyers out there.
If you want to get an idea of the selling prices before you speak to an agent, go on the website mlsli.com. You can go to the sold properties section and put in your address. You will see what sold near you, and try to compare those houses to your own. You can also use that site to see what is on the market now. Then you may want to interview a few agents to see which one you click with. This is not an easy process, and you want to find the person that you feel you can work the best with.
Sandra, The three things most important in selling your home in this market is Price, Presentation and Promotion. A good real estate agent can provide you with a Comparitave Market Analysis showing prices of homes comporable to your home that are have sold and those on the market today which is what you are competing against. I cannot express the importance of pricing your home correctly. Secondly, buyers are looking for homes that are "move in ready". Updated, clean, freshly painted so that they can just bring their things into the home and start living. Finally, you need an agent who will promote your home to potential buyers through internet sites and who has good relationships with area agents who sell in your price range on a regular basis. My best to you.
Hello Sandra,
To sell your house quick, as many agent mentioned...price is the key.
If you want to sell your house fast... try to price comparatively.

I live in Syosset and Syosset is nice area...if you price it right and market it comparatively it will go quick.
I have seen houses in Syosset sells within 30days.
Try to ask few agents about market value of your house and their marketing system.

Good luck with your selling!!

Linda Kang
Charles Rutenberg Realty
646-201-0510
Web Reference: http://www.LindaHome.com
Hi Sandra: Happy New Year! With respect to how long it will take to sell your home, the main ingredient is pricing. If your home is priced properly according to current market conditions, your home will quickly and at the highest possible number you can get. Just as important is hiring a good agent that will represent your best interests in negotiations with potential buyers. If you live in the 11791 zip code, there are 142 homes currently available. In the past three months in that zip code, 70 homes have sold. These numbers seem to indicate that your absorbtion rate is higher than most areas on Long Island. If you have not already hired a realtor, I would appreciate an opportunity to interview for the position of representing you in the sale. Whatever you decide to do, good luck.

Ralph Windschuh
Century 21 Princeton Properties
631-467-0009
Dear Sandra,
Normally, the thing that keeps a home from selling..more then any other issue..is price. If you are realistic about the current market, and you price your property below the comps in your area (10% or more) you should be able to sell fairly quickly.
Hire a full time professional listing agent who knows your area well. This type of agent is likely to have former clients, business contacts and relationships with other agents to draw from.
best of luck to you!
Wow - lots of answers.

Realtor - Will Sell House For Food...lol

anyhow - Sandra - i believe all the answers you received were pretty good.

To answer your question specifically - Your chances of selling your home at a "reasonable price" depends SOLELY on what you believe "reasonable" is.

I - and probably a lot of the agents responding to this question could probably sell your home in 1 to 2 days...but then that "reasonable price" thing might be a taaaddd bit...unreasonable for you. :)

At a good price, with good exposure (not just MLS), and a professional salesperson handling the marketing and advertising - I would say that ON THE AVERAGE - in a best case scenario, 30 days to get your home in contract will most likely yield you MARKET VALUE for your home.

Now picking the right agent - take this post for example. browse quickly through each responder and notice one thing - not every agent has a website...and other have only their company website. Some are "Pro's", while others do not have that insignia (which I and others pay for as part of our business). For me, personally, if I was not a Realtor and I was trying to sell my home - knowing what I know now as an agent - I would not list my home (generally speaking) with any agent who does not have their own personalized website for a number of reasons I won't get into here.

And I'm not knocking those that don't have a website (well maybe I am a little)...but an agent who puts time and effort into their business will have their own website - especially in this day and age (the year 2010...omg - still can't believe it!).

Anyhow - for what it's worth - you can check out my web reference and look for the ONLINE DISCOUNT for my web visitors. Print up the coupon and give me a call. No obligations - just interview me and if you like what I have to offer and hire me to sell your home, you will receive a discount off the commission.

Good luck to you!
Web Reference: http://www.tommcgiveron.com
Hi Sandra,

What is the current supply in your area for comparables houses?
What is the absorption rate in your area for comparables houses?
What are the Days of Inventory and DOM in your area for comparables houses?
Sandra,

Depending on the price that you ask - it can sell in a week or be on the market for years. Price & exposure sell houses. Priced right with the right type of exposure your house should sell within a couple of weeks. Do it sooner than later because prices are still trending downward plus as spring comes along so do more homes for sale to be your competition. Call me.

Andy Yakubovsky
Century 21 Prevete
516-826-2000
May I offer you a Free Home Market Analysis? The chances of you selling your home are greater if it is listed at a competitive asking price. It is best if I preview your home for you and compare it to others with similar characteristics. There are no risks or obligations.

Feel free to call me direct.
Patrick C. Williams Jr.
Licensed Associate Broker, CBR
Keystone Realty U.S.A.
Direct: (516) 425-3764
Email: patrickwilliams02@hotmail.com
website http://:www.keystonerealtyusa.com
Choose your representative with care-- first and foremost make sure you like each other as you will be spending some time together. Ask what marketing strategies will be implemented; what plans will be put in place to coordinate meetings with buyers; what feedback (communication) can you expect and with what frequency; will data be supplied to help establish a fair and marketable asking price; will buyers be pre-screened and required to have mortgage pre-approvals when submitting offers; what other services does the agency offer, if any. What can the broker be able to expect from you the seller? Expectations are important on both sides; interview two-three different agencies. Don’t be too concerned as to their locations; sometimes a local broker is no more skilled than one from a few towns away. If your property is priced fairly for todays market, has proper exposure, you have a good agent, etc., your property will sell. Feel free to call or e-mail.

Anna
917-576-5376
abrocco@laffey
I'm a Syosset Broker with an incredibly low days on the market..........Within the last 3 months I sold 4 homes in less than 30 days. Call me so I can share my marketing plan with you.

Mara Navaretta
Licensed Broker C21 Laffey
20 Miller Place
Syosset, NY 11791
516-551-3347
Web Reference: http://www.HomesByMara.com
I agree with Donna Galinsky's response. In order for me to provide you with details, I would need to preview your home before answering your questions. I can then provide you with a complimentary Current Market Analysis which will show you recent comparable sales in your area, the current homes on the market, as well as explain my personal marketing plan to you.

I am a local Realtor with Coach Realtors, a company that also has a Relocation Department which can further assist you with your move out of state.
Please feel free to contact me and I would be more than happy to assist you.

Have a good day.

Joanne Reed
Coach Real Estate Associates, Inc.
Lic. R.E.Salesperson
(516) 922-8500 x203
(516-330-1993 cell
Hi Sandra,

Right now in this market if you price this house fairly, and if
it is in the 400,000 range you have a better chance of selling it to a first time
homeowner (wth the $8000 Rebate).
The school district you are in is a plus and that is what is
selling houses fast in Long Island being in an excellent school district.
I have experienced homes selling quickly within one week's time in the month
of December which is traditionally a slow period all because they were priced right and
are located in excellent school districts.

Another thing is put your house up for sale, you have nothing to lose,
you will see within the first month what activity it brings.
I strongly suggest you use a real estate professional.
We will give you the most exposure possible.

Camille Dandola,
Charles Rutenberg Realty Inc.
There are two important items to selling quickly...competitive price and the most prolific marketing available.

Sandra, I would be happy to provide you with a valuation that is realistic. In terms of marketing, I will present you with a written marketing plan that employees extraordinary means of getting the information out to the public...marketing is what I do.

Please contact me at your convenience. By the way, I lived many years in Syosset/Woodbury and my children all attended and graduated from the Syosset Schoo District; I am intimately familiar with the area.

Gail Gladstone 631-425-6150 Gail@GailGladstone.com
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com
That is too complex a question to answer here. There are maany many variables involved.

The best way to start is to interview a couple of agents in your area. they will look at your home, going over comparables with you, tell you about their marketting plan, and what you can reasonably expect.

I wish you the best of luck.

Donna Galinsky
Pugatch Realty Corp
516-317-9253