Eugenio Fern…, Home Owner in New York, NY

I am looking to put my 2br coop for sale. I am not familiar with the process. Can anyone help me with this. What do I have to do? Who do I speak to?

Asked by Eugenio Fernandez, New York, NY Sat Oct 12, 2013

Do I go through a broker or can I sell it on my own? Does either one take longer? Do I need a lawyer to begin the process or can I do that for the closing? Any help to these question will be extremely appreciated. Thank you.

Answers

9
Hello Eugenio,

Naturally by this time you have received many responses. I work for Keller Williams, currently rank # 1 company in US. We have an amazing platform and would love to help you in the process. Most importantly, I am an investor myself so I am familiarized with doubts and fears arising from selling your home. I speak both English and Spanish, and I have strong connections with Latin American buyers/sellers.

I have a Masters degree in Finance from Columbia University, I will market your property smartly and I can help you with the process and all your questions.
http://kwnyc.com/index.cfm?page=agents&agentName=Maria-Belen Avellaneda

Maria Belen Avellaneda
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
917-7141676 / mariaa@kwnyc.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
When thinking of selling your home, co-op or Condominium specialist.
We can help to quickly sell your property. I will also, handle all the details
for you so that your property will close in a smooth and expeditious manner.
I will professionally guide you through all the paperwork and negotiations on
your behalf .(including meeting with agents, lawyers, banks, inspectors and appraisers).

Please DON'T HESITATE ... CALL US TODAY if you have any questions!

Fajardo Delacruz
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Century Homes Realty Group LLC
Direct Line: 347-932-0609
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 12, 2013
Hi Eugenio

You can sell it on your own or hire a broker, but statistically selling on your own takes longer then if you hired a broker and keep in mind if you sell it on your own are you going to want to handle and deal with the process. So I suggest you hire a broker and if you go that route then I would interview several agents and see what they have to offer. You would probably want to ask your board maybe there's an agent who has had prior listing in your building sometimes there's an agent that specializes in specific building's. Eventually you would need a lawyer but you won't need one til you have an offer that your going to accept so you can wait until that point but I would start to look for one if you don't know one most agent's know lawyers who specialize in real estate, also you want one who is versed in co-op's. Also keep in mind before you put your property on the market what your next move is if your planning to buy you might want to get prequalified yourself to see what your situation is there have been many new rules in obtaining mortgages these day's that can have an overall effect on obtaining another mortgage. Just putting that out there me not knowing your situation

Thanks Felix
917-692-7702
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 12, 2013
Hi Eugenio,
I understand you want to sell your home, well right now it’s a great time. There’s a lot you need to know if you’re trying to sell your home on your own. Reason I bring this up, about 90% of FSBO (For Sale by Owner) end up listing their property with a broker. Below is a link I would like you to read and if you have any inquires please don’t hesitate to call.

http://www.realtor.com/home-finance/sellers-basics/fsbo-woes…

Hector De La Cruz
Realtor Associate NY and NJ
Nest Seekers INTERNATIONAL
Manhattan • LIC • Brooklyn • Miami • Hamptons • International
415 Madison Avenue
Ny, Ny 10017
O + 212.252.8772
C + 973.986.3903
F + 212.252.9347
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 12, 2013
Hi, you can always tery selling on your own but you miss out on the benefit of the Multiple Listing Service. Other factors you have to consider are as follows, you should have a clear understanding of the process, laws, and marketing involved. You have to understand where todays buyers search and make sure your listing is in front of them. Sites like Trulia are agant only platforms so you'll miss out on that as well. You should speak with a few brokers and see who meets your needs, standards, and personality. After all, this is a working relationship and you need to be comfortable with the agent you select. Be careful of an agent that promises you the world and talks more about themselves then what they will do for you. A track record is nice but you want market data and marketing efforts. I'd love the opportunity to speak with you further. I live on the Upper West side at the moment.

Sincerely

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914 406 9023
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 12, 2013
Hello Eugenio
Yes you can try selling by your self how ever broker has pocket full of client looking for property like yours .
Coop also require plenty of paper work ,follow up and board package to prepare ,if your property is in Manhattan I be happy to stop by I live in the city for the past 40 years and know it inside out.
Selling in NY you must be presented by attorney and if you have a Real Estate one even better.
Feel free to call Simon@917.225.1445
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 12, 2013
Yes, consider listing with a broker; in order to best protect yourself, it's always in your best interest to hire an attorney for all contract related paperwork...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 12, 2013
Eugenio,

As a trainer for Realtors, I would be happy to give you some insight on the process.

Give me a call at 631.425.6150 (our corporate headquarters) and I will be happy to assist.

Gail@GladstoneGroupRealty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 12, 2013
Eugenio,

Gail@GladstoneGroupRealty.com