Home Selling in Littleton>Question Details

Jennifer Ritz, Real Estate Pro in Southaven, MS

I am looking for some advice on getting more exposure for my listings? Price Point $800,000 ......any new ideas?

Asked by Jennifer Ritz, Southaven, MS Thu Oct 8, 2009

Answers

2
Financing at that price point seems to be a major hurdle for buyer's today. I use a software called Mortgage Coach which helps put dollars & cents into different financing options for clients. This can really help address the financial questions and can help maybe the 700K buyer reach for the 800K property.

below is a reference video which helps explain the system of moving into a higher priced home in today's down market.

Let me know how I can help or further explain.

Chad Bergman, CML
Frost Mortgage
http://www.MyDenverHouse.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 8, 2009
Listings are purchased by buyers represented by Realtors about 90% of the time. That means that if Realtors are not showing your property, they are probably showing other properties. Usually pricing is the issue, not exposure.

However, if you are getting showings and no offers, then pricing again is probably the answer. The rule of thumb is 10-12 showings or one offer in two weeks, or a price adjustment is in order.

One test I use when evaluating how well a listing is being marketed is to put in the address on Google.
I am still amazed how many Realtors fail to syndicate their listings.

Try it.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 8, 2009
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA