Michael, Home Seller in San Antonio, TX

I am looking for an investor to purchase my parents house in NE San Antonio. They are retired military and

Asked by Michael, San Antonio, TX Wed Jun 18, 2008

are purchasing a new home in NW San Antonio. They would like to get 110,000 for it. It is Bexar County apraised at 125,000 with 1975 sq ft but it is actually right at 3,000 sq ft (remodeled) with a 35,000 gallon in ground pool. It is within 1/4 mile of Windrest (future HQ of Rackspace). Email me at michaelandcarla@msn.com with any questions. 10,000 investment will probably yield you 40 -60,000 profit.

Answers

8
We are an investment compnay that have other investors in our network that are looking for houses in the San Antonio area of Texas.
Micheal
So, this isn't really a question...it's an ad for your parent's home, right? For future reference this falls outside the community guidelines because you are not asking a question.

Second, if you really want to sell this property for top dollar, I strongly urge you to consider hiring a Realtor.

Just a few stats:
Most owners who sell their home without professional representation list with a Realtor eventually (85%).
10% sell to either someone they know, or someone they don't know. (half and half).

Homes sold by owners sell for 15% less than the average homes sold by Realtors

90% of buyers use an agent to buy their home, so that all makes, sense..if you are dealing just 10% of the buyers who are trying to save money by dealing with the owner direct...

So a couple pieces of advice.
You are not a Realtor, nor a DRE licensee, so legally you are not able to help sell your parents home (just so we are clear on the law. I know you are helping your parents...but there may be some legal entanglements you are not aware, so be very careful).

You might be able to sell it on your own. 10% of people do. But what happens if you cannot? I suggest that you take some of these nice folks up on their offers and interview them for the job of selling the property. Compare their proposals, then you have a plan B if Plan A does not work.

You should know that in most cases having a REaltor handle the sale will more than pay for their fees.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Hi Michael,
I'm a Realtor with Morris Realty and we've been in the Windcrest area for over 37 years. I've lived on the NE side my entire life and graduated from Roosevely in 1978, as well as my broker, Randy Morris. His parents started Morris Realty in 1971.

The kind of home your'e describing, if not in Windcrest, maybe Royal Ridge? $110,000 is a GREAT price for your home, and another answer was correct in that Rackspace and Windcrest have bought and are revitalizing Windsor Park Mall. About 1000-4000 people are expected to come to this side of town. Also with the BRAC, several more thousands are coming to Fort Sam.

So.....the possibilities are there. You can e-mail me at morrisrealty@satx.rr.com or at jacciwickware@yahoo.com

Good luck Michael and Carla!

Jacci Wickware
Morris Realty
210-654-0616 office
210-834-9307 cell
Michael,
I have sold and listed properties in Windcrest and I am familiar with the area. At $110,000 you should be able to get a quick sale if the home has had some modest updates and in good condition. I see the home has been remodeled which, if done right, may yield a higher sale for your home. I work with several investors and they do look for "steal" properties. On the other hand do not sell yourself short by just taking the minimum when you could get an additional $5,000 to $10,000 for the same effort. If you would like more information on homes that have sold and are for sale in the Windcrest area, please visit http://www.homesbytonygarza.com and get your free market report. This information has been useful to many people looking to buy or sell homes in the San Antonio & surrounding areas. Good Luck!
Tony
Michael,
There may be several options for your parents. Contact me should you be interested in discussing possible selling options that would give you & your parents the best possible yield of return. http://www.cdoinvestments.com
Michael
This is not really a maketing avenue for your property. I would recommend discussing your situation with a Realtor that knows the local market. No offense, but an appraisal for tax purposes for the county generally not relevant to marketing a property for sale. You should discuss this and other questions with a Realtor.
You can also search for a flat fee listing agent in your area place it in MLS, and have an open listing so if you sold the property youself you keep all. Just a thought. http://www.lynn911.com
Michael,
Why not expose it to te open market and get more for it? I would get it listed and ensure that its exposed to a wider audience. Hopefully then you'll get more money and potentially even multiple offers.
Chris
Web Reference: http://www.ChrisTesch.com