Home Selling in Charlton>Question Details

Massgal, Home Buyer in Massachusetts

I am looking for a reputable home inspector that covers Charlton, Massachusetts. Can any of you experts recommend one for me?

Asked by Massgal, Massachusetts Tue Feb 23, 2010

THe house I am looking at is being sold by a broker who has a vested interest, which means I am not sure he is giving us the full story/disclosures. So it is very important that we have a top quality home inspector. My agent has not been able to recommend one to me. So hopefully someone out there can help!
Thank you

Help the community by answering this question:


It is difficult for an agent who is not working as YOUR agent to recommend a home inspector-
we are required to give you information on all of the licensed inspectors in the state, to prevent us from favoring one person or another.
Perhaps your best bet would be to speak to the agent that you are working with and ask them to get recommendations- if not people they are familiar with, perhaps they could ask around and get ideas from other agents within their office. You can also ask friends and neighbors, or contractors that you've worked with. Contractors, building inspectors and other professionals may have some great suggestions.
3 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 23, 2010
Visit the Charlton MA Home Inspection web page from United Inspection Service

Contact United Inspection Service at 508-788-1447 or email unitedinspection@live.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 27, 2012
It is unlawful for a MA Licensed Real Estate Salesperson or MA Licensed Real Estate Broker to provide a name of a home inspector unless they have an exclusive buyer's agent agreement signed with the person asking the question. See Massachusetts General Law Chapter 112 Section 87YY1/2 Buyer Beware!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 13, 2010
Hi Massgal!

If you have not already received the answer you were looking for, please feel free to call me on Tuesday (508-561-7164). I have the names of two home inspectors in the Charlton area who are TRUE PROFESSIONALS. They know what their job as "home inspector" is. They know they are not hired by YOU to make or break the deal. They know that they are hired to educate you on your potential investment.

If you are all set, I wish you the best of luck. I do think you are wise to conduct a complete home inspection however.

Best wishes!

Judy Boyle
Weichert Realtors
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 23, 2010
I can give you a few names and numbers. I own Mortgage Dreams in Charlton, MA give me a call tomorrow 508-425-6204.

Julie Tremblay
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 23, 2010
I have worked with many excellent and thorough inspectors. Here are some names you can google the numbers. 1. Tiger Home Inspectors 2. Hawkeye home inspectors 3. Poole home inspectors.
Good Luck!
Web Reference: http://www.mdmrealtyinc.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 23, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer