Home Selling in Chicago>Question Details

Pahoh1, Home Seller in Chicago, IL

I am looking for a real estate agent or broker who specializes in short sales in the Chicago area.

Asked by Pahoh1, Chicago, IL Wed May 11, 2011

I am looking for a real estate agent or broker who specializes in short sales in the Chicago area (specifically the north side of Chicago). I am looking to possibly sell my condo unit in the next couple months.

Answers

17
An agent that takes certain classes can claim that they are short sale experts. That doesn't mean that particular agent ever closed or negotiated a short sale. Ask for a resume and references for short sales.

The information in this answer is general information and is not intended as legal advice, nor do I intend to create an attorney-client relationship with any reader by answering this question or otherwise contributing as a member of Trulia.com.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 11, 2011
Hi, Pahoh1.

We have several individual agents and teams of agents who specialize in marketing and selling properties which must be sold as short sales.

Do not hesitate to give us a call at 312.265.8000 or 312.242.1000 - or you can check out our agents at dreamtown.com/agents/dream-town.htm

Best of luck to you - look forward to hearing from you!
Web Reference: http://www.dreamtown.com
I've brokered short sales for the past 4 years. Our team's lawyer, Kathleen Kwak, can help us negotiate with your lender and represent you on the purchase for one reasonable fee, payable at closing. For our last closing, the Seller did not have to come out of pocket for any costs.

I've been a North Side Resident & Chicago Real Estate Consultant since 1989, and besides brokering short sales, I've been the seller on one. I have the personal and business experience to be your best advocate in this type of transaction.

Please call me to discuss, and to arrange a free consultation. 773-988-9136
Hello I would love to help our team has an attorney and CPA on staff. Please call me @ 847-454-5669. We will help get the job done
Dear Pahoh1, I have 4 years of experience in short sale. Me and my attorney provides a systemized process that determines the best solution.For all my transections I managed to get an approval with full satisfaction.Please contact me for more information @ 773 551 6554 or tatiana@conlonrealestate.com
Best regards. Tatiana Perry
Most agents in this market have experience with short sales. Which ever agent you do choose, make sure they have a very skilled short sale attorney. I have a great one, and it makes the world of differences. Either way, interview two or three agents, and go with the one you feel comfortable with. Id be happy to help.

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
mlaricy@americorpre.com
708-250-2696
Web Reference: http://americorpre.com
I would appreciate the opportunity for an interview. I have put together a very efficient and deadline driven short sale team, which includes an attorney who has closed countless short sales transactions and negotiated a relief of deficiency judgments from primary and secondary lien holders for short sale clients.

Our office is conveniently located at 2125 Irving Park Rd (Damen) and I lived for a large potion of my life in the Jefferson Park/Edgebrook area.

The short sale process as not as intimidating as it may seem and if you have a valid hardship, the Banks are more and more willing to work towards accomplishing a short sale for the benefit of all involved parties.
Greetings,

whether you decide to work with me, or someone else, i recommend that you ask these questions to your professional:

(1) they need to explain to you the short sale process on a 90 day timeline. likewise, they should be able to explain to you what 2 benchmarks are needed in the first 30 days; the next 2 benchmarks needed in days 31-60; and the final benchmark that takes place in days 61-90.

(2) ask them if they are, or work with an investor. If they cannot explain to you why the investor will be the single most important factor regarding your short sale, you will be in for a rough ride. Note: the investor may/may not actually be buying this property.

(3) ask them if they have access to a bank loss mitigation calculator. if they do not say "yes" within 1 second - you know that they have no clue what that is. this is what we use to show the banks if they will net more money through a short sale or if they will net more money letting the property reach foreclosure. If your professional does not have access to this banking tool - negotiating your deal with the bank's loss mitigation department will be a nightmare.

(4) ask them to explain to you the concept of BPO and it's importance. ask them how many "cents" on the dollar banks will attempt to recoup of the BPO amount. if they do not answer this question within 1 second, you know that they have no clue what it is.

call me anytime should you seek to do business with us.

Harry
(312) 339-6758
I can help you. We are a professional short sale service and would be happy to explain the process to you. Please call us directly to discuss your specific situation. Our services are FREE to homeowners. We look forward to hearing from you.

Eli Givoni, Director
Short Sale Department, LLC
561-361-1909
info@shortsaledept.com
http://www.shortsaledepartment.com
Serving all 50 states

MARS Disclosure for General Commercial Communications
IMPORTANT NOTICE:
Short Sale Department, LLC is not associated with the government, and our service is not approved by the government or your lender. Even if you accept this offer and use our service, your lender may not agree to change your loan. If you stop paying your mortgage, you could lose your home and damage your credit.
I would love the opportunity to discuss your options.

Online Bio: http://www.slideshare.net/memarki/marki-lemons-media-kit-7487332

Seller Resources:https://www.hmpadmin.com/portal/index.jsp and http://www.makinghomeaffordable.gov/pages/default.aspx

Designations and Certification:
ABR, ABRM, ADPR, CDEI, CNE, CRB, CRS, green, SFR in addition I'm a HAFA certified instructor and a BPO certified instructor
I only deal in short sales at the moment and can provide you with references from past clients. Give me a call at 815-531-5566 or email me at cpott43@sbcglobal.net.
Just about all agents will call themselves short sale experts in part because they took some classes and in part because they tend to focus on them, but the real estate agent does not have that much control over the exhaustive process. Each bank is somewhat different in their approach, but the agent is pretty much just a 'go between'. The bank requires a ton of paperwork from the owner who has to do all the real work. When the bank needs something they ask the agent who then tends to need to ask the owner for most of it.
You should try to work out a deed in lieu with the bank first. It hurts your credit less than a short sale although many banks will not consider it.
Remember that your credit will be hurt for many years with the SS and it does matter what the price ends up to be because many banks will still go after you for the deficiency judgment after the place sells so try not to take a low ball offer. The lower the price, the more you will eventually owe.
I try to avoid all short sales, but good luck.

I highly recommend Mike Hulett of Jameson Sotheby's International Real Estate as a short sale specialist in the Chicagoland area. He can easily be reached at 773-744-4447 or mhulett@jamesonsir.com.

Andrew
Hello Pahoh1,

I am a Certified Real Estate Negotiator, Short Sales & Foreclosure Specialist and and Accredited Distressed Property rep.

Feel fee to check out my bio online or view my client testimonials on my website below.

If you'd like to interview me feel free to contact me directly.
I've helped clients buy and sell short sales in Chicago - feel free to call me at 773-307-2449 or check out what my other clients I have helped have to say: http://www.neetiarndt.com/testimonials.php.
Neeti Arndt - Neeti@dreamtown.com
Web Reference: http://www.NeetiArndt.com
I would highly recommend Paul King - Carby King realty. 847-869-2568. He is stellar for short sale negotiations!
Feel free to contact me and we can talk about your situation.

Cathi Weaver
847-477-3494
Web Reference: http://www.CathiWeaver.com