Giggaloo, Home Seller in Cleveland Heights, OH

I am in the HAFA program with BOA-I was told my house has to be on the market for 3 months before can do a deed in lieu-3 months has passed-call BOA?

Asked by Giggaloo, Cleveland Heights, OH Mon Oct 10, 2011

I have an independent realtor and she has told me it is too late now to do a deed in lieu because the house has been on the market three months-my husband is unemployed and we cannot afford to stay in the house. Do I wait until BOA (Bank of America) contacts me for next step or should I call them? The agent I am working with stated we got a low ball offer and stated BOA will not accept it, but we could counter with a higher offer, then I never heard again from the agent (who is independent I might add, but came recommended). Now I'm worried not only because we have not heard from the agent anymore, we only have until Oct. 12 to sell the house. By the way, we have not been paying any mortgage payments. I would appreciate any thoughts on this issue. Thank you so much.

Answers

2
Being pro-active is always better than being re-active. Call B of A!

There is no deadline that I am aware of, if they are willing to accept a Deed in Lieu (many times they aren't) it is up to them.

Best of luck from Boise!

Jim Paulson, CRS, GRI, EPRO, SFR
Owner/Broker - Progressive Realty Corporation
Designated Broker - License # DB-17066
208-573-0471
GoOwnIt@gmail.com
Call BOA and don't waste your time here. Find out what can done at this point from them.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 10, 2011